Buying new Monitors time!!!

The precision are a bit upper than my budget...

The KRK's I would like to avoid them...

What about Tapco's?

As I see many people suggest that a 5" monitor has a lack of bass. However, a monitor with 8" I belive is going to be too big and high volumes create more reflections, thus you need to have an acoustically balanced room. So, 6" is the middle and maybe the best option?

Get/make bass traps. You could treat a bedroom well for well under £150, and then spend whatever else you can on decent monitors

Well, I read on some forums and it seems that many Tapco users say they have a bad quallity in constraction, can somebody verify it?

The Tapco's are built fine from the expriences with mine, but out of the monitors your already considering they are all superior to the Tapco's.

The Tapco's are built fine from the expriences with mine, but out of the monitors your already considering they are all superior to the Tapco's.

thnx:p I'll have them in mind

This is definitely one area where you don't want to skimp. If you have to save a little extra to get the best possible monitoring, do it.

I agree with people recommending at least a 6.5" to 8" driver for extended bass reproduction.

Well, I did again a visit at the store and I think that I'm now between Yamaha HS50M, Tannoy Reveal 501A or 601A and Adam A7. However, I heard that Tapco S5 are good but there isn't any dealer close to me. The same case is with JBL LSR 2325P. Can somebody say something about those two compared with the others?

My vote goes between yamaha hs80m and adam a7x try them both see which one you prefer and you will not need to upgrade again for a looooong time the hs50m are great as an extra reference or coupled with a sub as your main setup but without the sub id be looking at getting monitor's with a larger driver if you want to be mixing the low end and not guessing.

The hs80m's are a lot cheaper than the adams so maybe get those and use the money you save for some diy bass traps for your room

I dont think you have to do such a big deal out of this. See if you can test the Yamaha Hs80 and Adam a7 at home and be done with it mate

That would be ideal!!! However, that is an extra disadvantage. You see, I cannot test them at my place, plus not all the monitors are on the same store so environment is different each time and the "tests" I do are not very reliable...that's why I ask for a second opinion...

Thanks!

Well, my only "complain" about Yamaha HS80m is that they are too big and to have a good response I have to listen at high volumes...

Also, what is the differnce between Adam A7 & A7x? The local dealer has only A7 but said he can order A7X if I buy them for sure, but wasn't quite sure about their differnces...

Well, my only "complain" about Yamaha HS80m is that they are too big and to have a good response I have to listen at high volumes...

Also, what is the differnce between Adam A7 & A7x? The local dealer has only A7 but said he can order A7X if I buy them for sure, but wasn't quite sure about their differnces...

The hs80m's (as with most active nearfield's in this price range) are designed with the bedroom mixer/producer in mind so no they are not to big. Just because they are physically larger and have more power does not mean you have to monitor at higher levels than smaller monitors. If you are refering to fletcher munson curve this is the responce of your ears so it will be the same for every monitor large or small except you wont be able to hear the lower freq no matter how high you turn up the smaller monitor as it wont be reproducing those freq.

The a7x is the upgraded adam a7

http://www.adam-audio.com/en/pro-audio/products/a7x/description

check the link but the highlights are
New 7" driver gives extender low end responce over a7
Dual port design reduces port noise reported on a7
New Tweeter is suppsed to give a better high end reproduction
They have also bumped up the amps so it is now louder

Well, for all of you who try to help me, and I thank you for that, I forgot to tell you that my room is about 4,00m x 3,50m and the roof is angled, the lower side is about 3,00m height and the highest is about 4,00-4,50m.

The desk where I work (and where the monitors are, on stands at ear level) is against the wall (the 4,00m wall). So, I wonder whether to avoid monitors with rear side bass reflex ports (did I say it right?) like Yamaha HS50m and look for monitors with front ports like Adam A7 or Yamaha MSP5 (the store guy said they are better than HS50m & if I don't want to spent to much for A7 they worth...any opinion about it? I haven't heard them yet)

Also, I believe I should avoid monitors with 8" woofer because they sound better in larger rooms whereas in smaller rooms sound bad? Well, what is it consider as a small or big room and is there any truth in that?

Thanks!