KRK VXT monitors

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Guys,

Anyone ever tried those ? A local store has VXT 6s for a good price, and since there are not much options on the price range I can afford (Mackies HR824, Yamaha HS80s and Adam A3 are on the same price range here on Brazil), I was think of getting them to replace my KRKs RP8 Mk1 (awfully bad monitors..stiff, undynamic, lifeless...you get the idea eheh). Anyone tried the VXTs ?

I replaced a set of RP8's with VXT 4'S.
To me, no comparison
Way more accurate, they dont have that wierd scooped thing going on the rp's do
So if your looking at the 6's...huge step above the rp's
Don't know enough about those others to comment

ive heard side by side adam a7's, krk vxt4 and krk rp5 and to me the adams, and vxt4's sounded very flat which is good. Havent heard the adam a3x or the yamahas but im sure they are probally very close to the ones i have heard. Honestly i couldn't hear too much of difference except in volume when comparing the krk vxt's and adam a7's. I would go with whatever is cheaper for you in brazil cause i know they really fuck you in pricing there.

I replaced a set of RP8's with VXT 4'S.
To me, no comparison
Way more accurate, they dont have that wierd scooped thing going on the rp's do
So if your looking at the 6's...huge step above the rp's
Don't know enough about those others to comment

How is the 4s low end ? The have it in stock here but I'd be affraid to pick something with such small speakers, even despite my room being small, almost square (2.5m x 3.2m)

I have the KRK6's as my B Monitors with a sub.

They are very good for that price range. The highs are a bit muddy and they lack some low-end response. BUT in that price range they are at least equal to any competitor.