A pair of monitors in the 300eur price range?

Just to let you know, I just picked up a pair of the old school m-audio BX8's, and for $250 USD, I can't believe how great these are. Crazy high end, but easily fixed with the HF cutoff on the back. Almost as nice as my HR824's, just a few gripes aside. I can't believe they go for so cheap.

Shit, should've just waited for you to get your pair... I just went for it and placed the order on my lunch break :) Any other unwelcome surprises so far?

Nope!

If you read my thread, you'll see that the store hooked me up majorly and a brand new pair just arrived now!

Dude, these monitors are fuckign excellent!

Nope!

If you read my thread, you'll see that the store hooked me up majorly and a brand new pair just arrived now!

Dude, these monitors are fuckign excellent!

Man, you can't believe how glad I am to hear that :D Just noticed the other thread, good that everything went fine in the end. I should get mine sometime next week, so I'll post some comments when I get them up and going.

Awesome!

My only gripe with them is since they're identical, the speaker cables go in at the same side of each makign next to wall slanting awkward for one! :lol:

soundwise, i can't complain :D:D:D

Phone000.jpg

Awesome, are you using a sub with them? (cant see one)

Nice DAW you got loaded there....I hear only the pro's use such software ;) ;) ;) :lol:

:O UA-25! Same as me! :D

Always worth hanging onto the old set for reference purposes anyway. Especially since you're ears are familiar with the Edirols.

I got my pair of Event ALP5's yesterday, and fuck. I never thought I would get something this good with such a small amount of money. At first I thought of getting a pair of B's Truth 2030 or 2031, but after comparing my Events and the pair of 2031 at a local school, I must say the Events absolutely kick Behringer's ass. They're very clear and even the low range is a lot tighter than I had expected. Sure they're not Adam S2's or anything, but for the price I'm absolutely pleased. Worth every penny!

while we are talking cheap good Monitors......what if I said i came across a chance to get some ns10 monitors for fairly cheap, and I need to get an amp for it. What would be a good amp in the $300 range for ns10 monitors?

Crown d-75? Alesis Ra300? other?o_O

Awesome!

My only gripe with them is since they're identical, the speaker cables go in at the same side of each makign next to wall slanting awkward for one! :lol:

soundwise, i can't complain :D:D:D

Phone000.jpg

Are you sitting in a really tall chair or is it an optical illusion or something or are those positioned so high that I'm assuming the woofers are about level with where your ears would be?

those ALP5s look pretty sweet......not sure about the 80watts and only a 5" woofer. But if ya have a sub, the lowend wouldn't matter.
Plus Event makes a good product, I'm sure it's awesome

Hey guys now that the both of you have had a chance to mix with these for a bit, are you still really happy with the Events? I have a chance to pick a set up for really good money and I'm not sure whether to go for them. I originally really wanted 8 inchers, as I'd like to Master my own stuff as well (for the sub-lows) but these seem really good for the price. The only other monitors I would really consider are the new BX8a Deluxes, but then they could possibly be around 3 times the price of the Event's.