A pair of monitors in the 300eur price range?

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of monitors tonight or tomorrow, and I was pretty sure I would get the Yamaha HS-50, but they're out of stock. Now I'm looking at a few options in the same price range: Tapco S5, Event ALP5, Fostex PM-05 MKII, Prodipe Pro 5 and Samson Rubicon R5. Has anyone used any of these, and which monitors do you think would be the best choice? Any other suggestions?

I've just bought the ALP5's and they'll be here tomorrow morning so i'll post a full review if ya want...

Thanks, that would be sweet! Although I'm so psyched about getting new toys, I might just order them today without thinking that much. Goddamn paydays :D

About the Wharfedales, I'm not too excited about them. I've listened to a few of them, and to me they sounded more like general hi-fi speakers. Probably great for casual listening, but not exactly monitors.

Yeah, I like the idea of getting a pair of HS-50's too, but I'm really in a desperate need of monitors and getting a pair of those would take at least three weeks.

The current room is about 18-20 square meters, and in a few months I will probably be stationed in a much smaller one.

aye, i was tossing between the Hs50ms and the ALP5, same price but i could get the events a LOT quicker.

I also researched the shit out of this and didn't read a bad word about the alp5s so hmm...

I'll let ya know tomorrow, bro!