Recommendations

Nokturnal1228

...and time begins
May 2, 2008
San Luis Obispo, CA
explosm.net
I think I pretty much like all genres of metal, but I only listen to ones with great production, technical playing, or intense melodies.

I think most of you would be very pleased with what I have in my library (I recently deleted anything that didn't meet me rating it a 9 or above out of 10, leaving me with about 30gigs), check it out if you want (a very complete list of very good band albums, including their artwork): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NVFXXSN0

Anyways, I would like to know if you guys can think up any great bands you would like to share with me. I realize that I don't have any Slayer, which is not a mistake... i just don't like very many of their songs

To name a few bands and their album that Im REALLY into now are:
Benighted - Icon
Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Abigor - Fractal Possession
Abigail Williams - Legend ep
Melechesh - Emissaries
Origin - Antithesis (love all origin)
Arsis - We Are The Nightmare
Summoning - Dol Guldur (all summoning is fucking epic; in fact I ordered the Oath Bound t-shirt from Austria.... I'm in California)

I'd also have to say that Nile is definitely by far my favorite band :zombie:

if you are looking for melodic...then i would do arch enemy and inflames etc.

but thats probably cus im into them...a lot...

also maybe try draconian: seasons apart

and still remains: anemia in your sheets

You'd probably really dig the Gothenburg melodic death metal scene:

In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
At the Gates

My first thought as well.

And if by some oversight you haven't already checked them out, Opeth. Orphaned Land, Lykathea Aflame, Eluveitie, and Draconian also spring to mind.
Amon Amarth as well, though they don't really meet any of those criteria, they simply kick fucking ass.