Recording Update

Atlantis Night

New Metal Member
Feb 10, 2007
Hey everyone!

Wanted to start a post that can update you on the recording progress to date for our next full length. As you know, we just recently put out an EP, but there are many ideas percolating and 12 songs in various stages of development...some at 10% and some at 90%. Three of these songs will be played live at the May 21st show for the first time. If you plan on attending, please let us know what your honest opinion is. It will help us to know if they rock or suck! :)

I was supposed to head to Yan's last weekend to record some better versions of three songs (my little Macbook mic can only handle so much sound without it fuzzing out), but alas, I have been sick. So we are rescheduled to do this on May 16th. I think this album will give a pretty big spectrum of sonic pleasures. Some are pretty heavy with some strong operatic belts and some are more subtle. I feel like taking some vocal risks this time around too....try out some new things, push sounds in ways I havent before. We have an opera surprise also on there that we are developing. I'd love to tell you more about it, but we arent quite there yet (unless you are in the Echoterrean Circle...then you know what we are talking about). :)

Yan was also just down in Florida demoing up some songs with Jonah. I think he will give an update here for you soon on that. Overall, everything is still in pre-production, but the songs are pretty well structured..they just need to be furnished and decorated! Not a bad place to be I think...perhaps even ahead of schedule!

Overall, things are moving fast and I believe we will have another album out by very early 2011. Artwork has already been figured out and we are having a photo shoot while Jonah is in town the weekend of May 22nd. Hope to see you on either May 21 or 22nd in the Twin Cities!

Thanks everyone!
Mel

We are better prepared this time around; the writing sessions for the first album took place over a span of 3 years and we couldn't use any of the demo stuff we did so we had to do everything from scratch for the recording which took months.

This time around, when Jonah and I get together for a writing session, we record the keys with the intention of using them on the album, so we take our time and get them recorded as best as possible; this will save us a ton of time later on down the road.

So, with the exception of the couple of songs that are yet to be written, you could say that the keyboards are pretty much done for the next album.

Adam and I will get together next month and start working on the drums; if all goes well, we'll be done with drums by the end of the summer and then we'll be able to focus on guitars and vocals over the fall.

I've question about Jonah's Keyboards. Does he use synthesizer or Workstations ? and what brand of Keyboards ? What Keyboard Model ? I'm looking for an other one keyboard to buy ! ;)

Hm, I think Jonah will need to answer that one...wanna say a Korg Triton, but unsure. ;)

Recording Update: 5/18:
Vox laid down on the four new songs that we are playing live this weekend! Well, demo versions anyway.. You can see the titles by going to this site (and there is a special contest too):
http://twincitiesmetal.blogspot.com/

I think they sound pretty cool! Need to do harmonies when Jonah is in town on Thursday (also so we have them for the live concerts)...heavy, dark lyrical content...just how I like it! But still very fun to jam on and will be some great air fisting parts! :D

Thats all for now! Hugs!
Mel

Thx anyway mel :) (hope he will find time to answer !)

You said "recording update 5/18", will there be 18 songs ? :OMG:

I've question about Jonah's Keyboards. Does he use synthesizer or Workstations ? and what brand of Keyboards ? What Keyboard Model ? I'm looking for an other one keyboard to buy ! ;)

I use a Korg Triton Xtreme workstation, a Korg Karma workstation, and a Yamaha P-90 digital piano :) Korg has unparalleled orchestral sounds. I'll never give away the secret to my lead sound that I use for solos though ;)