Recording with a Pod Xt and Cakewalk 4

Calamitas1786

doom cock....
Aug 21, 2006
Nu Jersey
So I just got the Pod Xt and Cakewalk 4 and I'm looking to record direct. My first attempt was to connect the USB from the Pod into the newly installed Cakewalk but it said it couldn't find a USB device, which is weird because I've got an iPod which utilizes USB. Was USB the wrong route in the first place? Can you guys help a tech noob out?

Ahhh my friend ....

Make sure you have the USB drivers installed for the POD XT.

Then when you go into Tools >Audio make sure the pod is selected as your audio source.

If that doesnt work you can always just run the line out from the pod to the line in on the PC. I personally prefer this method cause it gets the soundcard involved and i can control the input signal a bit more.....

Good Luck

Reading the directions it says.."Plug your 1/4' mono guitar cable into a 1/8 stereo adapter. Then plug the 1/8' adapter into the micrphone input or line input jack on your computer sound card."

Okay, now for the USB route. How would I get a USB installed for my Pod? Also the Tools>Audio part is in Cakewalk or built into the computer itself?

Thanks btw.

Reading the directions it says.."Plug your 1/4' mono guitar cable into a 1/8 stereo adapter. Then plug the 1/8' adapter into the micrphone input or line input jack on your computer sound card."

Okay, now for the USB route. How would I get a USB installed for my Pod? Also the Tools>Audio part is in Cakewalk or built into the computer itself?

Thanks btw.

you need to update the drivers and firmware on the POD, make sure the software is installed. It happened to me as well last year but it will eventually work once you get everything installed.

also go to the pod website for more information. they have everything you need their.

Ok, I just did that. Now I need to figure out how to actually get sound. The bars are spiking everytime I hit a note. What next? :erk:

Do you have a full duplex soundcard ?
If not you wont be able to hear it.....

If you have a full duplex card....
Check your Windows settings. In your audio propertirs you should have an option for USB Audio or POD Audio ... or something to that effect. Make sure its not muted. If that doesnt work or you dont have a full duplex card, go for

I got it. I set both my output and input as the Pod before. Now I have my input as the Pod and I set my output as my soundcard. I'm in good shape. Thanks.