Recreation day : problems : Help

jornlande

New Metal Member
Sep 22, 2004
Hi ! I'm a new evergrey fan :wave: , I Knew the band for years but never really get into it until the inner circle album which completely blew me away ! :hotjump:
Recently , I found the limited digibook edition of "Recreation Day". Terrific album ! BUT, in the chorus of "recreation day" when Tom says "My Every morning ..." with all the instruments , there's a kind of distortion/crappy noise which made me thought I was listening too loud, but after decreasing the volume, same effect, I tried to listen from other source CD player, same thing. I downloaded the track from the "downloads" section of the official site
and it's same problem again.
My questions to you, devoted fans(and surely more informed):
Is this normal? Is this an artistic choice? Have you ever noticed this before?Did I own CD with mastering defaults? Are my ears full of shit?

thanx for lightning me. :worship:

Heya there :wavey:

I can't really tell... tried to listen to the choruses, but it sounds pretty ok to me? By the way, what's an digibook edition?

And now the chorus will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. =P

Monterra said:
Heya there :wavey:

I can't really tell... tried to listen to the choruses, but it sounds pretty ok to me? By the way, what's an digibook edition?

And now the chorus will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. =P

Did you try to listen to the mp3 file downloadable from the site? Does it sound the same as your cd ?

The digibook is the limited version of recreation day(as "inner circle). It's a common thing from the "inside out" label to release limited digibook edition like Transatlantic (SMPTe and Bridge..) Enchant (blink of an eye) Vanden Plas (beyond daylight) and many other...
here's some photo I found :
http://www.osiband.com/covers/osi_digibook.jpg

http://www.kassel2001.de/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=559&osCsid=c5555b97e8de668b73fb7fb1e37c757e

I never noticed personally, but some others have. In a thread on this board a long time ago, Tom answered and said they did it on purpose because they thought it was cool, or something similar.

Someone else may know more,

rgds

i realised wat u mean, but i had to focus my listening, i guess its one of the misteries tom likes to add to his music