rectoverb opinions ?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I have been offered a rectoverb and 1960a as a trade for a gibson guitar I have for sale.
I very rarely use the gibson so would be happy to trade for something I will use.

I already have a triple recto so would it be worth while getting the rectoverb as another option?
I am thinking triple recto left and rectoverb right for stereo guitars.

I already have an anniversary Marshall 4x12 cab and an orange 4x12 and a mesa os cab so I will have to sell the cab if I go for the trade.

Also the rectoverb is 110v but will come with a transformer. I am in Ireland and need 230V. Anyone ever have issues with voltage transformers?
Here is the ad:
http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-es137-classic/1585923

Thanks

I wouldn't do it. Rectoverb's are very different to the dual and triple recto's. More fizzy and less oompf, imho. This is all based on the combo version though, so I could be talking out my ass.

even if it were pretty cool, i would pass as that would be two recto style things. I would be shooting more for something like a marshall jvm or 6100. Just my 2cents.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I am still tempted, even though it might not sound as good as my triple recto.
It would be good for business to have 2 mesa rectifier amps I think.
The gibson doesn't get used at all and I am thinking I could put EL34s in the Rectoverb if I get it.
I have other heads (Triamp2, DSL100, 6505, Marshall 8100) so I don't really need more flavours unless I hold out for a vox or fender twin.
The problem is people aren't really parting with cash these days so I would get shafted if I trade for anything like that.
I should be able to get a couple of hundred for the 1960a included in the trade and maybe buy a squire vintage mod jazz or trade the cab for something else.
I could even trade it for a 2x12 which would be handy for when I am teaching or supervising student recording sessions.
I have had bands bringing in shit amps for sessions where I teach lately.
It really bugs me that bands get the chance to record in a world famous studio (Windmill Lane in Dublin) for free and will show up with a Marshall MG combo rather than rent something good for the session.

I will give it until tomorrow evening to see if any other offers come in.

It really bugs me that bands get the chance to record in a world famous studio (Windmill Lane in Dublin) for free and will show up with a Marshall MG combo rather than rent something good for the session.

Doesn't it bug you more that there are actually worthwhile bands out there who would jump at the chance for free professional recording, and they're being ignored?