RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' FLEA Is More Afraid Of The NRA Than Terrorists

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea has continued to remark on current political issues, saying in a new interview with Hot Press that he fears the National Rifle Association (NRA) more than Muslim terrorists. Flea explained: "I'm definitely more afraid of the NRA than I am of any Muslim terrorist, that's for sure." Asked about the shootings in Dallas that left five police officers dead, Flea added: "It's just too sad to comprehend, really. Like, I think when somebody does something like that, they are so insane and so removed from love and the connection that we all are one. All religions, all people, all races, all ethnicities, we all are one." He continued: "I know everyone knows this and you hear or see the hippie bumper sticker on a car, but when you don’t understand that, you really are sick, you know? It's a sickness and it's something that people have a little bit of sometimes and sometimes people have it a lot — to the point they want to kill people." Flea took to Twitter last week to take actor/director Clint Eastwood to task for the latter's new Esquire interview, in which Eastwood called out the "pussy generation" for what he saw as too much political correctness. The bassist wrote, "Hey Clint Eastwood count me in as a pussy as we aspire to evolve above racism." The CHILI PEPPERS' eleventh studio album, "The Getaway", arrived in June and debuted at No. 1 around the world. The band will tour Europe for the rest of the summer and fall. North American dates are expected to begin in early 2017.

Continue reading...