Red Hot Lovers (from Calgary)

NFMetalLegion

Dec 11, 2001
NF, Canada
The Red Hot Lovers are on a cross-Canada tour. Finally a decent band has included NL in their tour schedule. I've heard some of their stuff and it's a cross of Motorhead and AC/DC. Here are their show times and the local metal/hard rock bands they will be playing with.

June 20th (11pm to 2:30)
From Calgary, AB
The Red Hot Lovers w/ guests
OBERON
Commoname
$6 (19+) June 21st (11pm to 2:30)
The Red Hot Lovers w/ guests
Hardliner
5 Starving Generals (Formerly 5 Star General)
$6 (19+)

On June 21st there will also be an all-ages show featuring The Red
Hot Lovers. Band details and times, etc. will follow in a few days.

"We only found out at 5pm (Friday) that the show was fucked and that the Red Hot Lovers would not be playing. We were all very bummed out and didn't feel like playing since they wouldn't be there. We're sorry to anyone that came down and expected to see us there.

I don't know why the RHL were even booked for Friday night in St. John's anyway?! The tour dates were:
June 19 Halifax NS @ the Marquee Club w/ Hell City Love
June 20 St. John's NF @ McMurdo's

If a band is playing a gig on a Thursday night and you expect to drive ALL the way from Halifax to Sydney to catch a ferry and then drive ALL the way across the province of Newfoundland (a drive that would take between 8-10 hours!) to make a gig here in St John's on Friday evening, then that is next to impossible!! I am not surprised that they didn't make it here on time. Major bummer though...

Oh well, we'll be playing on July 11th with Fireign and Embers fade at the Breezeway bar. See ya then. "

- Oberon