Redemption - Origins of Ruin

I first heard the rough tracks for this one some time ago. And honestly on a whole have to say the entire package that Nick put togather, and has poured his heart and soul into really is amazing. The final result is incredible. The future is bright for Redemption and I am thrilled for Nick and the band.

I've had the CD in my commute car player for the past week or so, and I'm really digging it!

A couple of tracks that didn't grab me at first are starting to take hold now... At least, parts of them. I'm finding myself repeating several of them too.

One thing that I think is a glitch is really bugging me on the first track though, like fingers on a chalkboard... It's at 0:00'41, right in the middle of the word "something's." There's like, I don't know, a sliver of time missing, like a quarter of a beat. It's very slight, such that most people probably wouldn't notice it unless it were pointed out to them, and even then it may not be apparent. But I'm a drummer and a perfectionist, so these things tend to jump out at me.

Here's what's really strange: I just listened to the track on my MySpace profile, and it's not messed up there! It's like the there's a glitch on the CD master but not on the version that was uploaded to MySpace... Or maybe it's just my CD that is defective somehow.

Can anyone else's ears pick up this glitch?

--Keith

I don't notice it, but I have exactly zero musical know-how, so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

I've finally been able to start listening to something OTHER than this album, which is good. Started on Neal Morse's latest, and as of this morning Thought Chamber has also been added to my playlist.

I have had this for some time actually, the Rough mixes Nick gave me. I was very close to being the bassist for this one and Redemption. Logistics timing etc prevented it. Sean does a fantastic job on this one the bass is amazing. You all know I am a huge fan and Nick is a good friend of mine. So I am more than thrilled to see them getting all the great press and have the boys on our label.

This CD kicks so much ass it's ridiculous.

On a side note, I didn't know that Ted was with Thought Chamber as well and I just heard a sample on Insideoutmusic.com and it ROCKS! Ted never ceases to amaze. I sure wish I could have seen Enchant and Redemption together though... Maybe Into Eternity will bail out on the Kansas City date and Enchant can fill in ;)

I was very close to being the bassist for this one and Redemption. Logistics timing etc prevented it. Sean does a fantastic job on this one the bass is amazing. You all know I am a huge fan and Nick is a good friend of mine. So I am more than thrilled to see them getting all the great press and have the boys on our label.
That's amazing! I had no idea you were that close to getting that spot!

Agreed, Sean does an awesome job. Really, the whole lineup does an awesome job. And it's great that they all just happen to be some of the most cordial people one would have the pleasure of meeting too! :cool: