Redemption - The Origins of Ruin ....WOW!

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Holy mother of God!

I just got the Insideout promo of this album in the mail today and have heard it at least 5 times by now. This is by far (and I mean by far) the strongest record of the year until now. Holy fuck, Nic Van Dyk and the rest of the band have achieved an impressive result this time.

I am looking forward to review this and give it a great rate. This just boosts Redemption right up there as the band I wanna see the most at ProgPower besides After Forever!

This is absolutely amazing. Again, holy shit, I can't even describe it. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

This is no suprise to me. This is one band I am looking forward to the most at PP. Can't wait to buy the album!

Ooh, I hope WREKage gets this album soon! But Milton, have you listened to Therion's newest? I understand that has already claimed the top album of the year spot as well ;)

Yeap, I heard new Therion and it's also awesome. But this Redemtion disc, holy mother of god... can't stop listening to it...

Heard both; close running but on first spin only, I give it to Therion. But it is damn close. More spins needed.

Heard both; close running but on first spin only, I give it to Therion. But it is damn close. More spins needed.

I'll be checking out the new Redemption. But the new Therion album is going to be hard to top, that's for sure. I still haven't picked up the new Pain of Salvation. BE just left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

The Michael

Thought Chamber is up there as well. Anyone who got a Redemption promo should have gotten a Thought Chamber promo as well.

No comment on them? Michael Harris fucking rips!

Thought Chamber is up there as well. Anyone who got a Redemption promo should have gotten a Thought Chamber promo as well.

No comment on them? Michael Harris fucking rips!

Also a really strong record!!! I did not get to hear Slavior yet, did you get that one too?

I agree. There are only a handful of webzines that the industry sends promos to while the traditional press/cd shops/distributors takes the rest.

Yeah. Many dont know but I review CDs online somewhere under an alias for a webzine.

Also now with my radio show, Ive been in contact with several artists themselves or some new labels I wasnt in contact with before.

Ive been pimping bands for over a decade so this radio show was a perfect platform to help bands get exposure and the attention they deserve!

I agree. There are only a handful of webzines that the industry sends promos to while the traditional press/cd shops/distributors takes the rest.

True. And for good reason. Promos cost a lot to send out. And if the band's deal with the label includes recoverable costs, then it can really hurt a band's chance of making a dime if they send out a lot.

But I was just suggesting it as a way for somebody to have a chance to get promos if that is what he/she is interested in. But best bet is if you are interested in getting promos and doing what one is supposed to do wtih promos, write up some reviews and send them to the various established review sites that you like to see if you can write for them.

Industry is of course another way. So is working at a college radio station hehe.