Redemption

Seventh Son

Zero Salvation
Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
I know a few of your guys like Metal, so I thought this would be appropriate to post:

REDEMPTION
Redemption
[SR-3018]
Release Date: March 18, 2003

After co-writing a song on Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder's "Engine" album, guitarist Nick van Dyk was able to coax the metal legend into participating in his evolving Redemption project as both a producer and as a performer.

Corraling Fates Warning bassist Joey Vera to engineer, van Dyk assembled a lineup for Redemption that reads like a who's who of metal:

Rick Mythiasin (Steel Prophet) - vocals
Jason Rullo (Symphony X) - drums
Nick van Dyk - guitars, basses and keyboards
Bernie Versailles (Agent Steel, Fates Warning) - guitars

Guests:
Ray Alder (Fates Warning) - vocals
Michael Romeo (Symphony X) - orchestrations
Mark Zonder (Fates Warning) - drums

Nick describes his music as dark progressive power metal with a sound that reflects a hypothetical combination of Evergrey, later-period Savatage, Kansas, Iron Maiden and Fates Warning. From the opening multi-part title suite to "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (clocking in at nearly 24 minutes), "Redemption" seamlessly blends complexity and power. Epic in scope and heavy as hell, the project is sure to give a needed jolt to the metal community.

This was taken from Laser's Edge. They also have a full song to download - rockin' stuff

Anything with Mark Zonder is worth a listen! :headbang: But since when has Ray Alder been a "metal legend"? :confused:

And when's the new Fates Warning CD out? "Disconnected" was the first one I loved on first listen. :) STILL don't care for "Perfect Symmetry", mainly because of Alder who I think is tres overrated.

Originally posted by Seventh Son
From the opening multi-part title suite to "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (clocking in at nearly 24 minutes)

Im so sick of bands ripping off Iced Earth :mad:

IE came up with brilliant titles that noone else could think of like Dracula, Burnt Offerings, Wolf, Burning Times and The Haunting and its like bands just cant WAIT to rip them off!

Originally posted by Spiff
Yes, Jon must have been up all night thinking of "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Brilliantly original! :)

And then some bastard with a time machine steals it! :mad:

Originally posted by Seventh Son

Nick describes his music as dark progressive power metal

I usually start running as soon as thats mentioned, but I downloaded the song and its not too bad, I dont think id buy the cd, but its quite alright by me :)