redline preamp

Dollarosa

Jan 17, 2009
Oh my god!!! Put it on every bus, including master bus, instant fatness and space. I might be getting this instead of waiting for Slate Virtual Console.

Giving it a try. I think I like it so far. One of the things I dig about it is how subtle it can be. So subtle that I'm having to bounce my mix to do a proper a/b test with the mix that doesn't have it on.

Yea very subtle; really pump the mids on the drum buss and the snare pops out nice!!!. When added to all tracks you can hear a difference in how everything sits in the mix. I don't know if it is placebo, but it really sounds smooth with everything sitting in its on space (I have about eight instances of the preamp - master, drum, toms, vocals, harmonies, bass, drum comp, overhead busses)

I tried it and I like it! Makes in-the-box guitars sound more realistic. The American Transformer preset is really similar to my Quad Eight preamp.

I just downloaded the demo, and it doesn't run. it requires a demo license, which is not anywhere in the .dmg of the demo
Any ideas?