Reece should know this...

Jan 17, 2006
Guadalajara, Mexico
Sorry i had to make this thread for a stupid quiestion of no-mind to anybody but me, but i really need to know how much money i need to gather so i can go to europe and see a katatonia show????? having in count im departoing from california??? reece you have done it before so if you know or somebody else can tell me, i will apreciate it.

Send a private message, or just realise it's a lot and you need to start saving the big bucks.

The best way to go is to organise a month long European holiday and make sure a Katatonia show is on during it. That way you won't be wasting the airfares, you'll see some great places, and catch a Katatonia gig.

I suggest $US5,000 as a bare minimum, having done just that (minus the gig) with my darling wife last year.

requiem said:
Send a private message, or just realise it's a lot and you need to start saving the big bucks.

The best way to go is to organise a month long European holiday and make sure a Katatonia show is on during it. That way you won't be wasting the airfares, you'll see some great places, and catch a Katatonia gig.

I suggest $US5,000 as a bare minimum, having done just that (minus the gig) with my darling wife last year.

5,000??!!!! holy fuck, no, i mean, just go to the concert and get back immidiatly

a girl who went to paris, toll me i could spend like 950 or 1 thounsand, that she did before, but thats to cheap so a want to make sure, cause a wanna go to germany see them live in june

I'm travelling from the UK to Florida in May, just as a holiday - flights cost me around 1,350$. A hotel for one night probably won't be that much, and say 75$ for transport, maybe 200$ just to make sure you've got some cash.

I doubt it'll prove to be very cheap at all.

Also with June being holiday territory flights will probably be a little more.

Discouraged+One said:
5,000??!!!! holy fuck, no, i mean, just go to the concert and get back immidiatly

a girl who went to paris, toll me i could spend like 950 or 1 thounsand, that she did before, but thats to cheap so a want to make sure, cause a wanna go to germany see them live in june

I suggest you to go to the Summer Breeze festival..there are lots of good bands you can see plus Katatonia( ok maybe they won´t play so long as on tour...but last time they played there it was a blast!!!)
Moreover you can camp there ( if u have a tent), which is quite cheap compared to a hotel etc. and then there is the nice and funny part of being at a festival, knowing people, partying etc.
I think you could check out if there are cheap flights, kind of last minute or similar..
anyways it´s not worth the money only to come to see Katatonia one day and then coming back..I mean it´s a lot of money and you could do other things here in Europe to cover the costs of the flight....or at least watch three/four Katatonia gigs..or a festival with many other bands that maybe you won´t be able to see as well in mexico...

well.....haha....I got hooked up by a friend of ours.....my flight from Detroit to london and then to Paris and back to detroit came out to 1000$.....which was a real good price......my advice.....
get your passport before booking your flight....

good luck brother.....