Reek and Symphony Reissues

Humanure

Speaking in Killing Words
Mar 14, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
From Hardradio.com:

Earache has reissued CARCASS' first two albums, Reek Of Putrefaction and Symphonies Of Sickness on CD with the original, banned cover art. These extreme collages of gore have been unavailable since 1992 -- replaced in the meantime by the green and purple censored covers that have saturated the market. Check them out at: http://www.earacherecords.org/news_stories/earache.html#carcass

I always despised those replacement covers....

Thats great news. My copy of Reek... is one of those cursed re-issues. Thankfully I bought it second hand, so it only cost around $8 Australian. I have the Original Symphonies on cd though, but on vinyl I have the Black cover with the JF Kennedy pic on it (If you look closely, that's what it is) and the original collage on the inside.

Originally posted by union9
I have the Original Symphonies on cd though, but on vinyl I have the Black cover with the JF Kennedy pic on it (If you look closely, that's what it is) and the original collage on the inside.

Well as far as I know, that is the original version of the vinyl. There isn't a vinyl version with the gore collage as a front cover. At least I have never seen one anywhere. The CD-version however has the gore collage on the cover and a Carcass-logo with blue outlinings or something. But of course I can't be 100% sure...

Kool. I was always in the belief that they had the Gore cover on vinyl as well, but was never hundred percent sure on it. The cd has the logo written in black with blue out line.

Thrash Metal Tormentor said:
Well as far as I know, that is the original version of the vinyl. There isn't a vinyl version with the gore collage as a front cover. At least I have never seen one anywhere. The CD-version however has the gore collage on the cover and a Carcass-logo with blue outlinings or something. But of course I can't be 100% sure...

Yep, I've got Symphonies on vinyl and it's the black cover with the gore on the gatefold inside. Reek has the gore on the front and back cover however. I don't have access to my records just now so I might get these new CD reissues.

Scurvy said:
Yep, I've got Symphonies on vinyl and it's the black cover with the gore on the gatefold inside. Reek has the gore on the front and back cover however. I don't have access to my records just now so I might get these new CD reissues.

I had bad luck again, I bought Symphonies of Sickness with that cencored cover on monday :yell:
By the way do you know who´s singing there, or are Jeff and Bill singing together
confused.gif

Blood Fiend said:
I had bad luck again, I bought Symphonies of Sickness with that cencored cover on monday :yell:
By the way do you know who´s singing there, or are Jeff and Bill singing together
confused.gif

If you mean on the whole album, then yes, Jeff and Bill trade off on many songs. Always liked that about Symphonies. It's a shame they didn't do more of that on Necroticism...or any of the later albums for that matter.

Humanure said:
If you mean on the whole album, then yes, Jeff and Bill trade off on many songs. Always liked that about Symphonies. It's a shame they didn't do more of that on Necroticism...or any of the later albums for that matter.
Yea, I though that to... Who´s the higher (Jeff?) and who´s the lower (BIll?) one signing?
Btw. I bought yeasterday Necrotism, pretty cool Trashing...

Cool artist names, shame I don´t have those on my record...
The solo names are best: Paturient paste sandwich etc.

I have listened only a week those two records (symphony and necrotism)
and I have to say that those records are amazing...
From now one Carcass is one of my favorite bands...

I saw the new re-issues today at a local store here in Brisbane Oz. There still a bit disapointing. Their a black cover, with a thin stripe going through the middle displaying the Carcass logo and the album name, and a notice saying, original cover inside. Is the same case for you guy's over seas? Still, better than the purple re-issue.

union9 said:
I saw the new re-issues today at a local store here in Brisbane Oz. There still a bit disapointing. Their a black cover, with a thin stripe going through the middle displaying the Carcass logo and the album name, and a notice saying, original cover inside. Is the same case for you guy's over seas? Still, better than the purple re-issue.

There´s no problem with that, you just ripp the overst cover off and then you fave uncencored...
It´s almost like Slayers good hates us all cencoring