Rehearsal Recording (I'm only mixing it)

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
Hi there, time for something different than tone tests with my amp :) That's one of the 5 songs I've been given to mix after they were recorded at a rehearsal/studio. All instruments were recorded simultaneously and most probably without a click. I wasn't there when they did it, I was just given a dvd with the tracks so there are a lot of things I would have done differently but anyway I gave it a shot. Guitars are only 1 track per guitar player ;/ and one of the amps is a SS randall :puke: Bass is I think a Fender -> SWR -> direct recording.

Oh yeah, no DI guitars :rolleyes:

So please tell what you think and have I managed to make it sound good.

not mixed

mixed

Hey thanks :kickass:
I used aptrigga for the kick and snare. Kick is 100% sample (blend of 2 or 3 kicks, I think there's a bit of the faderhead kick pitched down a bit). Snare is 40% the original snare and 100% Andy's sample.
Toms only have gate, eq and compression on.

i'd use some more velocity on the drums - the snare sounds especially fake.
Hm, more so than on Andy's or Colin's mixes? Not arguing, just wondering if you're saying it because it is your preference to have more natural drums or because they are really 'fake'. I'm saying this because there isn't much variation in the snare musically, as well.