relate your Rush live experience here

Ze Dan

European Prog Rock Rabbi
Sep 5, 2002
Paris, France
www.progressia.net
Ok I'm gonna see Rush live for the first time next October in London…*I'm definitely excited and I'm looking forward to Oct 9th…*
I'd like to know feelings and stories from people here who've been to a Rush gig …*so those who saw the magnificent 3 on stage wake up !

I've seen them on their 30th Anniversary tour three years ago and am going to do the same on their current one... I can't share any special stories or anything, but one thing you can expect is a long, loud and rockin' party!

You won't be disappointed. Rush always puts on a great show and I really like how they've been mixing up the songs the last few tours. First time I saw them was in '87 on their 'Hold Your Fire' tour. Since then I think their shows keep getting better. My favorite was their 'Test for Echo' tour where they played the full '2112' masterpiece. Neil Peart never disappoints with his amazing drum solos as well!! Hope you enjoy the show!!

I just saw them at the Cleveland show on Aug. 30.

As usual it was awesome. The new set list is very refreshing.

The band seemed to be actually enjoying themselves, even the Professor.

When they played Subdivisions the whole place went crazy. This was during the second set. The excitement level went to a whole new level. It was awesome. Hard to say, but I think even the band felt it, based on how they reacted during the song. It carried through to the end of the show.

Snakes and Arrows songs sound much much better live than I had imagined.

It seems that some focus has been placed on Alex this tour. He was shredding the guitar about every song, more so than I remember from the past.

It's just an excellent fun show, and they haven't lost a beat.

I first experienced Rush by accident--I won tickets from my local radio station and figured I'd go although I didn't really know the group. I can still remember getting goosebumps and just being completely enthralled and in awe after the first couple of songs. I was so blown away by the whole package--their skill, the 'show', their stage presence, the complexity, emotionalism and intelligence of their words and music. I've seen shows from almost all of their tours since (sometimes multiple dates/locales) and am always just as entranced as the first time. Prepare yourself for an amazing experience!