Release Date for album?

Mosquito said:
Yo Lee!

Really enjoyed the samples you guys have up on MySpace. What's the word on release date for an album?

mosq

Hey Mosq

Well, we'll be recording and mixing for about 5 weeks starting in May. Assuming we will have a finished product ready to go at, say, the middle of June, I guess we'll be looking at a late August / early September release. It's mainly going to be down to Candlelight and how they schedule things, as an album is usually ready at least two months before it hits the stores.

We will be hopefully doing a daily recording diary in May at this forum.

Cheers

Lee

Cannot wait to hear the results! The demo is SO awesome!

I wrote a review for the demo at Metal-Archives some days ago, I'd like to post it here too...

Outstanding demo - 97%
Written by Thonolan on January 8th, 2006

I have to admit that this demo was the biggest and most positive surprise that metal scene gave me in 2005. I discovered To-Mera through the Hungarian gothic/progressive band Without Face, of which Julie was the singer. I had fallen in love with their album "Astronomicon", which shows a perfect mixture between gothic and progressive metal, containing wonderful atmospheres and melodies as well.

I thought To-Mera would be pretty similar to Without Face, but I was wrong. Yeah, it's also progressive and sometimes atmospheric, but the compositions of To-Mera seem to be strongly influenced by technical death/jazz bands like Atheist or Cynic. I had never heard such a band, this mixture of charming female vocals with that kind of music rules! The musicianship on this demo is fantastic, and it's also worth mentioning the sound. It sounds so great that it's really hard to believe this is just the first demo of a very young band. Many famous bands would love to have productions like this one...

"Dreadful Angel" is the best track here. Powerful riffs, intrincate rhythms, atmospheric keyboards, wonderful vocal melodies, a jazzy interlude and even a death-ish ending mixed together in a song that will be loved by any technical metal fan. "Born of Ashes", the second track, is slightly less brilliant but still awesome. It starts with acoustic guitars and Julie's softer vocals, but soon it turns into a fast and dynamic song, once again full of superb technical skills and dark, mesmerizing melodies.

Hopefully To-Mera will find a good record label in order to release their debut album soon. I'm personally looking forward for it!

This ending sounds a little bit outdated, cause you've already signed a record deal :Spin:

Btw, reading Lee's post at ProgPowerUSA forum, I assume that the 2 tracks from the demo will not appear on the debut album.

Is the new material even stronger? I can hardly imagine it :Spin:

Actually, those two tracks will be appearing, albeit in a slightly different form. :)

There'll be seven tracks in total, plus maybe a short outro with just a piano, guitar and Julie.

Only 12 weeks until we record! I'm touching cloth to be honest... :)

That's great. Especially "Dreadful Angel" is such a great song that cannot be consigned to oblivion.

Curious about those little changes in the old songs :)

Lee_B said:
haha. We'll leave that to Summoning :)

One of the upcoming songs is called Parfum, based on Patrick Suskind's book.

That's great! That's one of my fav books of all time!! - Along with American Psycho ... hum... hope I will not turn into a serial killer :tickled:

I'm really curious to see what Julie will do with the story of das Parfum...

Lee_B said:
One of the upcoming songs is called Parfum, based on Patrick Suskind's book.
Nice book, and that won't be the first song written based on it. :)