Release Dates and slightly new cover

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Check out the Official web site for the newly updated "The Odyssey" cover (added mist and other stuff).

Here's the release dates for the new album:

Europe: October 28, 2002
USA: November 5, 2002

Originally posted by Skull_Punk
Is it just me or did they restrict the mist to the Harpies only?
:lol:

For the most part, that's what it looks like. I guess they needed to make the cover G-rated so it can be in stores. Usually, stores like to avoid the "Naked Sirens On Symphony X Album Cover" sydrome. NSOSXAC has never occured. Seems like the artist wants to keep it that way.

/me notices that the cover change has increased the "value" of his avitar. :D

They changed "The Odyssey" writing too
now it's under the band's name.
Let's Keep in mind that the picture's quality is very low too,so we can't say apreciate the cover too much.
:err:

[color=#AOEOOA]Old Cover:
cov-symx-odyssey.jpg

New Cover:
cov-symphonyx-odyssey-350.jpg

There they are side by side, the new cover is cleaner and better looking IMO, exept for the covering of the sirens.[/color]

Nice call with the side-by-sides. Thanks. It's obvious that either the first cover was a bad digitalization, or the new one has been Photoshopped by a pro. I definitly like the second one more, but the mist is out of place. Yea. The mist should go.

It's not like anyone hasn't seen a bare behind in a painting before, man...

Naked sirens are hot.
Oh. Sorry. Remember the cover for Kamelot's The Fourth Legacy? That was an ASS. I remember I bought that album the same day as Nocturnal Rites' Afterlife. I guess I like metal albums with naked chicks on them. That was a shining moment for buying albums on a whim....

Originally posted by KameloX
I guess I like metal albums with naked chicks on them. That was a shining moment for buying albums on a whim....

Then you have to buy Pink Cream 69' album Sonic Dynamite! :D And even if there's a naked chick in the cover, music inside the CD is great too! :D

:p

Hmm...looks like all they did was place the original cover over a black field and turn down its opacity, then add all the mist. Me likes I guess.

I must say i like more the new cover, it's smoother and the colors are not so stunning like in the first one, or like someone said, the old cover came from a bad digitalization and, in my opinion, it had way too much contrast... i am more for opaque colors and smooth lines, so i tell ya the touch of mist they add doesn't feel bad with the overall design...
I noticed as well mist has been put more in the *strategic points* (READ: boobs and butts :D ) than in the rest, but i think it helped in adding some more mystery to these mithological creatures... i like it! Why wouldn't this sirens bring also a cold breeze and mist??? Much more intriguing than a clear sky and sun like if they were at the Bahamas :rolleyes:
So, for me: thumbs up for the retouched cover!
X-Greets,
Knight_

Originally posted by metropolis2k X
Cool, I think the heavy Opeth album and The Odyssey come out on the same day for me which happens to be one day before my 18th birthday :D

Wow, that would be a very wasted day at work for me. ;-)