Religion

Thanatopsis123

白鬼
Oct 13, 2002
日本
Visit site
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find it anywhere and am very curious. Are the members of OL Jewish, Christian, or what?

I've only recently heard of them and their new album. And about the new album, it's about the great flood correct? What's up with that?

Hello my friend and welcome,

Kobi from Orphaned Land here,
We are Jewish but as far as we concern, as far of what our art represents we are multicultural and non - bounderies and universal, we make mix of all cultures and religions into one colourful harmony and all of that under the flag of Metal music!

Mabool is the great flood version of Orphaned Land to the flood story and some kind of a reflection on todays reality of our region.

also it can be said that these 3 religions have same roots, they are abrahamic.

just as an example, everyone knows as that jewish star is only using by jews but in ottoman art, you can see that star so often. because of it's a magic sign on a ring who sent to king suleyman (salomon) by the angel Jabrail (gabrial). with that ring, suleyman could rule to winds and animals..

there are common stories and common propets in that holy books. you can see similar things on ancient greek or sumerian myths too..

i can give "the flood" as an example for it. till the begining of this century, people used to know that the flood has been told in jewish bible as first time. till they have found an ancient clay tablet from sumerians. this tablet belongs to last part of the myth gilgamesh.

in that tablet, there is telling a king named ziasudra.

one day, the kind of wisdom, enlil decided to end the human race and he has planned to apply a great flood. but another god, enki, the creator of humans, doesn't want it and tell to king of shurruppak ziasudra to make a great ark and put pairs from animals and human. enki tells it with his shadow just like in bible.

ziasudra makes that ark. and the flood accours..

it takes 6 days! after that 6 days, the ark coasts to mountain eratta (ararat in bible and agri in turkish). because of that flood, sumerians was memorizing that day in each 6th day of weeks. 6th means "subati" in sumerian. and it's the saturday.

after them, jews used that day as "shabbat" and it's "friday" for muslems..

The flood was also found in modern science!
The explorers found an area near Ararat mount. What happened there is that there was a big vally, with high population there and one sude of the mountain chains that surrounded it had collapsed. On it`s other side was the black see and that vally was filled with water like a pool.
I believe that this incidence had deeply influenced on the oriental culture as we know today.