Remaining Stratovarius-members announce new guitarist

They should just go on with another name. If they continue using the Stratovarius name they will be forever linked to Tolkki via the name. If they go on their own at least they will have some new found respect that they are trying something on their own without having to "latch" on to someones old coattails so to speak.
Very good point there, Q. :kickass:

They should just go on with another name. If they continue using the Stratovarius name they will be forever linked to Tolkki via the name. If they go on their own at least they will have some new found respect that they are trying something on their own without having to "latch" on to someones old coattails so to speak.

+1

I was thinking the same thing.

I agree they should go with a different name. Tolkki's writing style is very distinctive and is what gives Stratovarius it's recognizable sound even when Timo K. isn't singing. I remember listening to Revolution Renaissance for the first time and thinking, "Oh yeah, I could so hear Kotipelto singing these songs".

I don't know how the other guys write except for Timo K. His writing style is very simple and spare where Tolkki tries to be spiritual and uplifting. If Timo K. has the most writing influence the new album is going to be more straight-ahead classic metal, more like the last Strato album, and I really don't want to hear more of that type of material released under the Stratovarius brand name.

I agree they should go with a different name. Tolkki's writing style is very distinctive and is what gives Stratovarius it's recognizable sound even when Timo K. isn't singing. I remember listening to Revolution Renaissance for the first time and thinking, "Oh yeah, I could so hear Kotipelto singing these songs".

I don't know how the other guys write except for Timo K. His writing style is very simple and spare where Tolkki tries to be spiritual and uplifting. If Timo K. has the most writing influence the new album is going to be more straight-ahead classic metal, more like the last Strato album, and I really don't want to hear more of that type of material released under the Stratovarius brand name.
I believe there might be someone else involved who will have some influence in the composing. ;) I think the collaboration will result in some pretty damn innovative stuff. :kickass:

I believe there might be someone else involved who will have some influence in the composing. ;) I think the collaboration will result in some pretty damn innovative stuff. :kickass:
Right! Can't wait to hear the "someone else's" contributions to the common good.

* puts on the "Enigma Suite" by Johansson* :saint:

Well let me start out by saying I am a huge Strato fan (I actually own hard copies of all there albums), but to be honest there last couple of ablmus have been kinda lame (with the exception of some tracks). It will be interesting to hear a little change.
As for as Timo T. new project, he will always be one of the best players in the world in my mind, but his new C.D. was just missing something, it sounded very lackluster.
(maybe becuase of all the different singers)

There is a version out there that has Timo singing everything... it's pretty damned good imho..