Remakes

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I was going through my CD collection and listening to some music i haven't listened to in awhile, and lo and behold I found some old songs that have been redone by some of my favorite Power/Melodic/Progressive bands. If any of you out there have any others let me know.

SCANNER- Innuendo(Queen)
PRETTY MAIDS - One Way to Rock(Sammy Hagar)
JORN - Edge of the Blade( Journey)
ROB ROCK - Eagle(ABBA)
MASTERPLAN - Black Dog ( Led Zepplin)
WARMAN - Alone (Heart)
I know there are more out there so please provide any help you can.

Geeze, this list could go on forever...
FIREWIND- Pictured Life (The Scorpions)
MYSTIC PROPHESY- Fighting The World (Manowar)
MYSTIC PROPHECY- Sanctuary (Iron Maiden)
AT VANCE- Desperado (Eagles)
AT VANCE- Logical Song (Super Tramp)
AT VANCE- Eye Of THe Tiger (Survivor)
AT VANCE- S.O.S, Money Money (Abba)
AT VANCE- Shout (Tears For Fears)
MUNDANUS IMPERIUM- Stargazer (Rainbow)
HELLOWEEN- Metal Jukebox CD (Scorpions, Faith No More, Jethro Tull, Cream, et al)

mtlheart said:
Nah. I give that award to Megadeth's cover of Alice Cooper's No more Mr. Nice Guy.
You got that right. :yuk: oh my god my daughter just said how bout Alien Ant Farm doing Micheal Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" that has to be the worst there is of course it wasn't very good to begin with. :loco:

I would rather listen to Smooth Criminal, either the original or the AAF version, than listen to anything by Manowar (or a remake of)...unless of course im drunk. Then , of course, it goes without saying that I would LOVE to ride that horse of steeeeeeel into battle with a metal cry! ;)

Dreamscape-Dancing with Tears in my Eyes
Hubi Meisel-Red Sector A,Sun Always shines on TV
Tad Morose-Knowing Me Knowing You(anyone see Urban laugh at Powerfest when I yelled out for them to play that?)
And some band named Halcyon F5 did a cover of The Analog Kid,and Cherish the Day(that would be Sade,this will be posted soon)

Dragonland, covering the theme to The Neverending Story. Cheesy as all hell, but I like it. :) (I have the mp3 but I'm not sure where their cover originally appeared.)

Best non-power or prog cover: Godhead, "Eleanor Rigby" from the Power Tool Stigmata CD

Pellaz said:
Dragonland, covering the theme to The Neverending Story. Cheesy as all hell, but I like it. :) (I have the mp3 but I'm not sure where their cover originally appeared.)

Best non-power or prog cover: Godhead, "Eleanor Rigby" from the Power Tool Stigmata CD

Heh. I have that too from the old MP3.com days.
So throw in on top of that Nightwish and Holy Hell covering the Phantom Of The Opera (Andrew Lloyd Weber).

A couple of notable ones stick out after reviewing this thread...

Tad Morose's cover of Losing More Than You Ever Had (Accept)
TOC's cover of Smoke On The Water

My fave cover that jumps to mind (and it's not power or prog)...
Reverend's cover of Fortunate Son (CCR)

Rock on!