Remember my PEAVEY 6505 HUM Problem???????

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
hey again chaps - remember the Thread i posted about a week or two about my hum problem on my peavey.

well i done some fishing around on the morley product that is to reduce hum and after some investigation they only make a hum reducer for a 60hz cycle hum. Im living in ireland and our voltage is rated at 220 - 240 v and a 50hz cycle.

so that morley thing would not have done the trick for me.

so i went into college today and decided to ask my music production teacher (this guy is top notch on gear and effects, recording and equipment etc) he was just explaining to me about what GROUND LOOP is in a more simple term and he said that its to do with an UNBALANCE of ground voltages.

that got me thinking, all my cables were unbalanced cables so after college and a studio session in the city i headed to my usual guitar shop and decided to fork out on a planet waves balanced gold plated cable. (70 bucks - ouch) and i plugged her into the Peavey's FX loop on the "send" output and guess what!!!!!

NO FUCKING HUM!!!!!!

full brownie points for me! YAY!!!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: