Remembering Chuck Shuldiner

The Hammer

Thrasher
Jul 13, 2002
Italy
members.xoom.virgilio.it
Hail!
almost one year ago (Dec.13th 2001) Chuck Schuldiner died because of a brain-cancer.I ask you to write here a short sentence to remember him.
I think Death has given much to metal and I'll never stop to listen to their immortal music.Chuck lives into our hearts.

Metal regards and thanks,The Hammer

His legacy is still around us and will be,whenever I listen to Death songs they sound so fucking great and new

Chuck understood metal more than just about anyone out there today, he's the reason I picked up a guitar, honestly, and not only was his music revolutionary and brilliant, but it had meaning, something rare and valuable in the world of metal.

-Eric

Death... a band that I most definitly regret missing out on. I heard some Death albums recently and I must say that Chuck was one of the greatest guitar players ever. Complexity in song structure and timing signatures made Death one of the most unique bands in the scene. Death should not be forgotten, they should be praised. They created something from nothing. R.I.P. Chuck.

A year already... damn... I remember when I heard it on Three Hours of Power... was a shock.

Cancer sucks...

Which reminds me, James Murphy has played in the band Cancer, and also with the two Chucks (S and Billy) who both had/have cancer.

Freaky.

I hope that's not a fan of a worthless cookie cutter death metal band like Skinless attempting to say he's pissing on the grave of the godfather/continual innovater of death and heavy metal. -slaps forehead-

I remember hearing the news on the 3 hours of power special. Back then I'd never heard them before so it was an exciting time for me at the same time as being very sad. When the awsume riff during trapped in a corner was played I almost crapped myself.

R.I.P Chuck.....
traurig045.gif