Request: Info on Warrel Dane

U

unregistered

hello to everyone, ill skip all the intro crap that goes here and go to what im looking for, info on the killer voice of Warrel Dane:

1) does he use external distortion or does he produces it naturally (like Hansi Kürsch)?

1a) if he uses external dist, does anyone know which/how/when/where?

thats basically all i want to know, please post your answers. as for his range, id say he is obviously a tenor. (i saw a post requesting that answer.)

thanks.

pd. if i can get an answer to this youll find a killer new METAL band in stores real soon! all i need is to get that vocal tone going.

-Yves Margarita

I don't see why people try to emulate others' voice when starting a band. Everyone I talk to is like, "Oh yeah, I sound like ______." If you want your band to succeed, then you need originality all around, not just in vocals.

As for the external distortion... who the hell would rely on such a source when they can do it themselves? Altering the sound of your voice (we're talking all time, not part time alteration, as Mr. Bungle does) is pointless. If you don't have the voice naturally, then you shouldn't be doing vocals.

Poop. Ah yes! Zyklon show tonight. \m/

THE VOX OF JON ANDERSON (YES) ROCKS...TRY IT SOMETIME..

WD, IS REALLY VICIOUS , YOU HAVE TO HAVE TEH RIGHT EGO FOR IT...NINE OF CUPS, 6 OF SWORDS

Hi, I am a singer in a metal band, too. And I always thought of sounding like Warrel was cool, or like Mat Barlow. But after we´ve lost our two guitar players and got a new one and I have become the second one, I saw a new direction. I came into this band as a new singer, and unfortunately enough, I sing a wholly other way. I sing clean. The former singer, ah, well, he grinded. After our two old guitar players left the band it was like, hey, other music, good music. We just created three new songs within six weeks, and they are really good, believe me. Our drummer told me, hey your riffs sound like blabla. And I replied, I´m sorry, I can´t sing this way. The answer was: "Noone wants that". So believe me, do it on your own special way, and don´t wanna sound like anyone else, or all you´ll be is a bad, real bad copy. Or do you really want that? Oh, I nearly forgot that: I use some effects and a midi pedal to control them. But not always. I have my own voice, I´m proud of it and I use it. Do that too!!! And hey, can anyone tell me a good name for a band, we want to rename ourselves!
Either here, or for faster reply florianh@web.de
And if someone of you wants a bad-sounding demo from us, please reply to the e,ail adress above. Keep on rocking!

AS if tell me , do we ->I give a shit...

hhahahaha

YOU STILL HANGING INTHE IRC ROOM, with the deebs romolus .

haha thanx. i get your drift, but thats not what i meant. i dont want to sound like a copy of WD or barlow or anyone, i got my low voice and i love it. but there are techniques i want to work on to be a good singer. like for example, i wanted to scream so i went and figured out different styles for it and then made/found mine. thats good. but i cant find the growl yet, or not as id like it. and since WD does a great job at it (and i havent posted a thread asking for barlow's growling techniques, or hansi's) i want to know how to get it through witout fucking up my vocal cords.

so if anyone knows how to do that natural distortion or whatever, just gimme some advice, ill work my own way through it.

anyone want a demo?
bitfrost@mail.com

-Yves Margarita

he is shithose, never bring his name out onthis board again...

HE HAS NO PERSONAL VOX SKILLS