Rescue Me

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
Does anyone watch this show on FX? I just watched it for the first time tonight, and I must say, I really, really enjoyed it. Denis Leary is just the fucking man. That dude could be the keynote speaker at an insurance seminar, and somehow the material would still be funny.

Anyway, I was told to watch this show by my cousin's husband, who is a Houston Firefighter. He said that show is the most accurate in portraying firehouse attitude and fighting fires. Apparently Backdraft is bullshit. :tickled:

Anyway, Rescue Me, any other watchers? The second season starts on the 21st I think. Denis Leary fans take note. Lots of cussing (minus the "F word"), some sex, etc. Leary plays an alcoholic firefighter who lives with his dad and some my pals midget, and is sleeping with the widow of a firefighter killed on 9/11. No shit.

I would watch this if I wasn't too cheap to pay for cable, because Denis Leary fucking RULES. The Job was awesome, or at least like the 9 shows they did before getting shitcanned.

Good luck with the firefighter thing.

J. said:
Does anyone watch this show on FX? I just watched it for the first time tonight, and I must say, I really, really enjoyed it. Denis Leary is just the fucking man. That dude could be the keynote speaker at an insurance seminar, and somehow the material would still be funny.

Anyway, I was told to watch this show by my cousin's husband, who is a Houston Firefighter. He said that show is the most accurate in portraying firehouse attitude and fighting fires. Apparently Backdraft is bullshit. :tickled:

Anyway, this looks like it will be my career path. The wife is behind me, though she's concerned I have the wrong personality for the job. Hell, even tonight she asked me if I think I've got social anxiety. No, I'm not shitting you. Personally I think I'd kickass at it. My parents don't want me to do it, haha. Big surprise there. The teacher/coach bit didn't work out.

Anyway, Rescue Me, any other watchers? The second season starts on the 21st I think. Denis Leary fans take note. Lots of cussing (minus the "F word"), some sex, etc. Leary plays an alcoholic firefighter who lives with his dad and some my pals midget, and is sleeping with the widow of a firefighter killed on 9/11. No shit.

I like that show a lot! My dad was a firefighter for thirty years, so I've got some background in it as well, even though it's not what I'm going to do for a career. Another great show, on FX, is The Shield. :kickass:

Good to see someone 'round these parts that enjoys it. I'm just getting into it, but I'm most likely gonna get the DVD set when I have the cash to spare.

That's cool about your dad.