Result

Metalman

Be yourself
Apr 19, 2001
Hitchin
Area 54 did not get through although they got the second highest votes.:cry: :cry:
Rob won best drummer and wins a new drum kit:) :)

Do you know what rubbish got through, considering 54 were the best by far (even though I was in the bar area for all but 54 and the first two "bands")

Gaaaaaaaaah fuck! Charlotte just told me that too and I'm rather gutted to say the least! What must the band be feeling having got second top votes yet still not have gone through? It's all rather dubious, but don't worry 54, we know you were the best on the night! Still- fair play to Rob, hope to see the new kit on tour soon and keep the metal flag burning '54!

DAMN!! I cant believe it, they were so good!
Ah well I guess everything happens for a reason or something...
Im off to hospital now so unless by some miracle theres an internet connection in there I'll be signing off for a while:cry:

that's a bugger :( - who did win out of interest? I noticed the Oasis style lot near the end got a lot of votes

A new drum kit's better than a kick in the bum tho :)

awww! bugger! never mind tis not the end of the world.:cry:
but devil signs up for Rob for being number one drummer, the dude rocks:Smokedev:

Can Rob play two drum kits on stage? where do the rest of the band stand? Can we clone Rob (is that a good or bad idea!?)?

you ought to of heard the lot upstairs when the awards were being gave out, soon as rob got it 'ITS A FIX!' theyre yelling (this is a bunch of 30 year old peeps BTW. such good sports these londoners ;) ) and didnt shut up until the 2nd band to qualify was chose then they ran about like 10 year olds yeling it into peoples faces?! :lol:

How come shit bands go through? :lol:

can anyone tell me who the other bands on this bill was please thanks!

great to see rob getting a new kit and i hope it was a dw!

sorry i couldnt be there!

wasn't really paying much attention to the other bands, they were all a mixture of pop,soul :eek: , a crap pub band (called Roy :lol: ) and various other indie type bands......'54 were the
only TRUE metal band there .That's why the fucking judges didn't put them in the top 2 - and you're right Selphie, it had nothing to do with how talented or how many votes '54 got (did the votes mean anything to the "judges" ????????????????) - they were the best band there by a billion miles - it was ALL to do with the judges dislike of the genre.
it was all a

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:headbang: to Rob though for winning best drummer
:D

Tony, hope you got back ok without too many probs and hope to see ya at Uxfest :D

hehe i got back ok mate.... blasting Fear Inside so loud half the bus heard it thru my earphones :lol:

Big thanks to Mia & the band for everything, Caroline for getting me there & Prod for putting me up for the night :)

Was GREAT to see everyone, i deny any alcoholic mutterings or singing 'we are sailing' at any point during the night. And comisarations to Diamond Dave & Dan W for having to sit next to me for above 10 minutes ;)

Hopefully see loads of yous at Uxfest (loved london so much ill be back for more :rolleyes: :lol: )