Coventry ROCKED WOOHOO

Son of Metalman

No Visible Cheesegraters
May 26, 2001
Hitchin
OK, so we went to Coventry and had a brilliant time, poor turnout but the usual suspects were there, plus Rob from Blaze was there, obviously a big 54 fan:D which was excellent. I got the album sleeve signed at last, and Steve drew a funny face over Adrian, AHAHAHAHAHA. The three supports, Afrai, Thoria (I think thats how they are spelt) and Sanctum. Hmmm, well Afrai were good at what they were doing (the bassist played like a lead which was cool), I didn't think much of Thoria, probably because their guitars were too quiet. Next up were Sanctum, who I hadn't heard play before, but Mia's second best band were very impressive, definitely worth checking out. Finally, at about 11:40, the Mighty Area 54 stepped on the stage. They changed the set list and played some excellent songs, Missing Time and Face of All Your Fears were played, and that was the first time I had heard them live. Steve had the job of the death metal vocals, and managed to make an excellent job of it too in my opinion. Overload is always the highlight of the set for me, and it was a belter this time around too, I think I may have hit someones head with my crazy head banging, SORRY if it was you!!! Some of the songs seemed to be played at double speed, it was so mental, Rob had to double bass drum like he was on drugs! All in all an excellent way to end the metal year, although there was an unfortunate lack of support for the best band there. OH YES I nearly forgot the flash! Sanctum had 2 girls with them, and one of them got her tits out for the lads! Sanctum clearly enjoyed it, as they got them up on the stage to dance.

Area 54 Rule, I've said it before and will continue to do so until the day I go deaf. Go to their next gig, or you will be missing out on the greatest metal band I have ever heard.

Rant over.:)

Was FABULOUS to see u down there- enjoying urself as usual, along with all the other dedicated fans!!!!!!!! was brilliant to see u all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As u say what a way to end this year - A hell of a BANG!!!!!!!

And believe me. 2002 will be beginning on a an equally large one!!!!!!!!!!

Hope ur exams were ok and u werent too tired.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it happens, the lack of sleep and lack of revision managed to absolutely DESTROY my chances of any good grade for maths:lol: but my teacher sucks, and it was worth seeing a spanky setlist a mere 6 days before christmas. And all for £3! By the way madgirl, when is the actual day of Steve's birthday?

must go and send the usual congratulatory e-mails to the band

Not sure about the other 2 supports but thought Sanctum were pretty good - Never mind the *ahem* entertainment they brought with em... Guess SOMEBODY got lucky last nite *HUMPH*
'Tis a good job they were getting warm cos the venue was fecking FREEZING!!!!!!!!! (my hands went blue)

TOP gig by 'the 54' unfortunately had to leave early:(, but I loved what I DID get to hear - what else should I expect? but will make up for it next time, ohhhh yeah.

So COOOl to meet up with everyone again, Tony and Neilio were missed... Awwwwwwwww bless :) :) :)

And then a TORTUOUS drive back up the M1 1/2 asleep 105 mph @ 4100 rpm

NOW I WANT TO GO TO BED (still @ work)

*YAWN*

Your car does 105 mph at only 4100 rpm? Wow. /me is impressed...

My Mini (used to) push 6000 at about 100mph...

But now it is dead. No surprise there...

Shame I missed the gig - I'll try for the Notts one - I can visit my sis at uni there... :)

smoke2.gif

Yeah - I'll be there, I reckon.

Wierd, isn't it? I've been in several bands, including one with Steve, but Area54 manage to be more exactly my style than any of them.

Considering my listen list (Metallica, Maiden, GNR, White Zombie etc), these guys seem like they were MADE for my tastes.

I am very jealous that that scruffy looking nerf-herder, Steve, is part of it. But I am also very pleased for him, as he has really earned his place in that band.

Ahh well, I must be content with annoying the neighbours with my half broken Washburn amp...

smoke2.gif

Originally posted by MattBlack
Yeah - I'll be there, I reckon.

Fabulous- lots a moshing please!!!( and merch buying !) lol

>>Wierd, isn't it? I've been in several bands, including one with Steve, but Area54 manage to be more exactly my style than any of them.

OOH!!! ur not plotting to get rid of one of them are ya? lol - ull have me to get thru !!! lol

>>Considering my listen list (Metallica, Maiden, GNR, White Zombie etc), these guys seem like they were MADE for my tastes.

They were TOTALLY MADE FOR MINE!..ok i WONT go on a rant now......... mmmm ARGHHH they ROCCCCCKKK!!!!!!!

>>I am very jealous that that scruffy looking nerf-herder, Steve, is part of it.
Wicked - nerfherder??????????? hahahahahahaha im going to change his name on my list to nerfherder!!! hahaha

>>But I am also very pleased for him, as he has really earned his place in that band.
Hes certainly a rocking young dude! and as i said elsewhere 'Id rather have him ( in the band) anyday!!!

>>Ahh well, I must be content with annoying the neighbours with my half broken Washburn amp...

Thats better than not annoying them at all!!!!

OOH!!! ur not plotting to get rid of one of them are ya? lol - ull have me to get thru !!! lol
Nahh - I like em too much as they are, even if I am better than Steve and Lakis put together *cough*
nerfherder???????????
It's a Star Wars quote...

Exposing Steve time:

When I met Steve, he was the biggest Nirvana phreak I have ever known. I think it was me that steered him towards the true path... amongst others, like Patrick "Doom" Walker. :)

Aherm..... oooh..... i cant make a judgement on u being better than L and S cuz ive not heard u!!! but actually my chicken heads rock LOTS!!!!!!!!! and LOTS !!!!!!!!! raaaaaaa oh no - they let me out the straight jacket!!!
ill be throwing pants on stage in a minute!! lmao

I have to admit - i knew about steves past .... and i thought it was great - after Rugeley they had some nirvana playing in the venue and he started singing with it - and i t hought it was FAB.!!

but nirvarna is a great thing....... i loved them lots - still do a bit.. although obvisously certain obsessions have taken over. lol !

oh dear.....

LMM - yeah I moved to Leeds a while back, for work etc. Having difficulties finding anything Metal to do, as I said in another thread.

So how do you know '54? - I have heard Steve and Lakis mention you - so I know they know you...