Return to Serenity Acoustic Tab

deadgoon

New Metal Member
Aug 9, 2003
Ruston, Louisiana
Visit site
Greetings everyone. I've been trying to figure out the chords to the acoustic version of Return To Serenity from the Live at the Fillmore CD. I'm not a very experienced guitar player, so I can't just listen to it and figure them out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-David

deadgoon said:
Greetings everyone. I've been trying to figure out the chords to the acoustic version of Return To Serenity from the Live at the Fillmore CD. I'm not a very experienced guitar player, so I can't just listen to it and figure them out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-David

You are correct, the first chord is E. Try this (I hope I'm writing this out correctly):

Starts with an E suss chord:

open low E, 2nd fret A, 4th fret D

with your strumming hand play E, A, D, E, A, D twice, then a
G chord

with your strumming hand play E, A, D, E, A, D twice, then a
D chord (not a regular D chord)

D chord:

5th fret A, 4th fret D, 2nd fret G

with your strumming hand play A, D, G, A, D, open G

A suss chord:

2nd fret on D & G, open A & B

with your strumming hand play G, A, D, B, G

---

I hope this is right. I'll ask an someone to double check what I did. Good luck!

My apologies to TL , because I told TL to write this, and misunderstood the question I was being asked. So what's written there is the verse part, just after the solo, and not the chords supporting the solo.
So here are the chords to the first solo that opens the song, at least from what I remember hearing. Hope this helps David.

First chord would be an Em chord( the "regular" open string chord). Second chord would be a C chord(open string chord), and the third chord would be a C# diminished ( but don't let that fool you, fret an A7 chord with your index and middle fingers, and throw your pinky on the A string 4th fret, and there it is!), 4th chord is back to C, and then the lick following is on the D string 5th fret, Gstring 4th fret, Dstring 5th fret, Dstring 2nd fret ( basically what that is is an Em arpeggio<---( that's a Latin word meaning broken chord).

Hey if you have anymore questions about this, David, e-mail me, my addy is here on the TL site!:devil: