Revalver and Logic

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
so revalver just crashes logic everytime i try to use it. so im taking it is buggy with logic but is peavy doing anything to resolve this? i would hate to think that i just wasted $250 bucks on something that just crashes my DAW.

I know when I loaded the AU version in Reaper, it used to crash on me - but I'm sure I was able to use a VST version or something like that. Sorry, a bit vague at the moment, been a while since I used it. Highly unlikely that Peavey will be updating it anytime soon as we were lucky enough to get an RTAS version really!
Does Revalver work okay for you as standalone? Doesn't Logic have some AU 'compatibility' check that it runs on all installed plugins? What did that report?
Download Reaper and check Revalver in there just to see if it's working as intended in another DAW. I honestly dunno what else to suggest dude!

EDIT: I'll see if I get the time to reinstall Logic later and test Revalver in it!

When I owned MKIII I had issues over time where it would be fine at first and then eventually would just crash on me each time I tried opening standalone or the VST inside Cubase. A re-install usually did the trick for me!

its strange, i just tried it in pro tools and it does the same thing! it usually happens when i try to load an IR or something. It just seems incredibly buggy. Sometimes the rest of the DAW will freeze while revalver seems to be fine. other times the program just crashes altogether. im tryin to find out what the problem is..

it usually happens when i try to load an IR or something.

This. That is exactly the same kind of issue I had within Cubase on 10.4. In the VST it wwould crash when loading an impulse and in the standalone it would crash when I tried to change what input from my interface it was getting signal from. Like I said, re-installing fixed it every time for me, it would work fine for a while at first, like over a month or something, and then it would start acting all screwy.

Peavey hasn't updated MKIII since it came out except for RTAS version - that's it. How somebody could go for literally over a year without updating their software to deal with bugs is beyond me. The Peavey forum is riddled with tons of users complaining, with no replies from Peavey whatsoever. I hear from a trustworthy source on the beta team they may be updating it to fix the bugs sometime in the near future. I heard, before that, that they were initially going to just work on and release MKIV instead of ever updating III to fix bugs :zombie: That would have been retarded IMO. We'll see how all that pans out though...