Revalver MKIII/Pro Tools Question

roy22341

Aug 23, 2008
Lafayette, LA
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I was wondering if anyone was using Revalver MKIII with Pro Tools? At this point it doesn't have any RTAS support and Peavey's tech support wasn't able to give me any kind of time frame as to when it would support RTAS. FXpansion has their VST to RTAS converter but I'd like to know if anyone has been using Revalver MKIII in Pro Tools with this before I shell out 100$ for the converter and another 70$ for Revalver HP. Thanks a lot guys!

Here's a mail I got from Peavy today:

"Hi,

We have always had a Mac version of ReValver Mk II and Mk III.
I have been told the FXpansion VST-RTAS works reasonably well. We are working on a native RTAS version which we hope will be ready "soon".

Regards"

I am having problems in Logic 8 with it as well. I heard if you update to OS 10.5.4 it works better, but I still have 10.4.11 so I wouldn't know that for sure.

I for one could not get Revalver working on PT 7.4 for PC. I realize that there's no RTAS for PC/Protools, so I tried the Fxpansion method to wrap the VST. Still didn't work. Oh well. My PODXT and implulses are working just super, so no need to mess with more guitar sims.

Take care everyone!!!!

This thread really came out of nowhere again. I gave up Revalver as well - I had been using the demo in Cubase and it was glitchy as hell for me too. I said screw it. My guitarist just bought a Powerball and a 5150 and we have no volume limitations so I guess that makes Revalver (and the POD for that matter) pretty useless now.