· Running Time: 59.53
· Release Date: March
· Released: EU JP
· Musical Style: Melodic Metal
· Links: Frontiers Now & Then Power Quest
89%
Songs: 88%
Sound: 90%
Power Quest is a very interesting band. The line-up is half English and half Italian, with British keyboardist Steve Williams the founder of the band. Formed as an outlet for his melodic power metal compositions, influenced by the likes of Stratovarius, Rhapsody and Freedom Call, the band have already achieved some success, and were the subject of some furious bidding by excited Japanese labels.
Of notable interest is Italian vocalist Alessio Garavello. He has a very powerful higher pitched delivery, but does not suffer from any accent or language barriers.
So often the delivery of vocal lines can be difficult for someone singing a language they are not native too.
But not so here – it's very clear and precise and is a large part of the reason why this album works so well.
The other is the diversity of the music. The guys are clearly melodic metal merchants, with some furious double kick drum epics on offer, but there is another side too.
The band aren't afraid to offer up some straight ahead rockers to balance the more complex tracks and are very keen to use as many hooks as possible.
Take Temple Of Fire for example. Fast and furious, but instantly memorable with a pace changing chorus and some over the top vocals.
Edge Of Time is even more straight forward, with a song that heads straight back into the 80's, employing a keyboard sound reminiscent of British melodic rock circa 1985. It's interesting to hear a band of this type do such a thing.
For Evermore is the same – an interesting change of pace within a largely heavier and guitar driven album. Rather good really!
Into The Light is an album highlight for me – power lead vocals, smooth drumming and a catchy hook and guitar riff. It sums up what these guys are all about, which is good songwriting and flawless performances, coupled with excellent album production and a smooth mix.
The most “out there” track of the relatively straight forward album is the closing track – a 10 minute plus epic which like all good progressive rock songs covers all bases – soaring vocals, frantic double speed passages, keyboard fills, softer pace altering intermissions and surprisingly, there is still room for a catchy chorus!
The Bottom Line
Not your average British hard rock or metal outfit, but one definitely worth checking out. The band straddle the fine line between 80's hard rock and up to date European melodic metal.
In fact, they have their own attitude and style which really should be sampled, but best of all, they write very good songs for the genre in which they fit.
Discography / Previously Reviewed​
· NeverWorld

Line Up​
· Alessio Garavello: Vocals
· Andrea Martongelli: Guitar
· Andre Bargmann: Drums
· Steve Scott: Bass
· Steve Williams: Keyboards

Essential for fans of:​
· Stratovarius
· Rhapsody
Track Listing​
· NeverWorld (Power Quest II)*
· Temple Of Fire*
· Edge Of Time
· Sacred Land
· When I'm Gone
· For Evermore*
· Well Of Souls
· Into The Light*
· Lost Wihout You
--*Best Tracks

- Neverworld (Power Quest p.2)*
- Temple of Fire*
- Edge of Time*
- Sacred Land*
- When I'm Gone*
- For Evermore*
- Well of Souls*
- Into the Light*
- Lost without You*
--*Best Tracks
No weak songs!
Hehe.. anyway.. great review!

I've heard the album several times now, and I did realise that this is a album that grows on you. It was very good already after the first listen, but it just gets better and better. Catchy power just like I like it dudes! Keep it up!