Review of Anacrusis' Screams and Whispers now online!

Emo-metal? Anacrusis? Huh?

I was lucky enough to see these guys countless times growing up in the St. Louis area. I actually had no idea they were as 'big' as what they really were until years later. I knew they were a talented band, enjoyed seeing them, but didn't even have a clue that others elsewhere knew who they were. We had quite a few really good metal bands and a somewhat decent scene (for as much as I could tell being a high school moron at the time), and then, just like everywhere else...grunge hit and alternative was no longer an alternative. *p00f* it was all over.

I've managed to dig up Screams and Whispers and Manic Impressions over the past two or three years and got these guys added to another metal site's band listing.

I really appreciate the website with the MP3s and everything else that's up. It was cool to finally hear those songs after all these years, and get to know about the band, even if it was so long after their demise.

Good stuff. Thanks for putting that up.

Well, "emo" with respect to the lyrics, in particular on "Reason". It's also on there where they look not like a typical metal band of their time on the pictures...the typical oddball-band, and an exceptional one as well.