REVIEW

This may not be perfect, but it should be close enough.

I was already somewhat familiar with the name of the 1993-founded U.S. thrasher Imagika, I nevertheless could not classify the combo, although the guys had already released 3 albums and an European tour with Grave Digger (1999) had also already happened. There were problems over and over with the U.S. label, where first of all the albums had to appear on their own label. In 2001 they lost their singer; besides the label search and different lineup problems, that is the reason that "Devil On Both Sides" did not appear until now.

Mausoleum Records is the new label and Norman Skinner the new, self-reliant sounding front-man. Imagika produces thrash with frequent U.S. power metal trips (or vice-versa), that can score through the fat varied guitar riffs and Skinner's voice. This sounds in many places (almost) like the divine Matthew Barlow (ex-Iced Earth) and some fans whose too patriotic ex-combo begins no more could be attracted to Imagika! Imagika have needed a couple of run-throughs for me to be sure, because the compositions are somewhat complex and do not go directly into the ear like, for example, the last Exodus disk. For that reason Imagika are however damn varied and show a long-time effect that one could only take away with difficulty! It lacks only the last polish on a few songs, what Imagika will hopefully correct with further albums!

Thank you so much for the translation... much better than those free ones I try to use. LOL!!