revisiting Metal Church "Blessing in Disguise"

There was talk about a Metal Church touring band but it would not have contain any original members at all. Personally I thought it was a bad idea. I believe the idea has been dropped now thankfully.
Sometimes things need to be left alone to rest in peace John Sykes.

LOVE this album! Favorites are "Fake Healer", "Rest in Pieces" (gives me chills) and "Anthem to the Estranged". Used to have Human Factor on cassette but never repurchased that one on CD. Was never a fan of any of the other vocalists/albums. I remember hearing somewhere that Mike Howe was the son of a preacher, and it made it interesting listening to some of the lyrics with that in mind. Anyone else ever hear that?

Heretic was very cool.. got the vinyl and the CD. If you check the members, I believe you'll see familiar faces in Wayne's band Reverend. I can't dig it out to look right now.

"Breaking Point" was reissued last year by a small label that does things like that. I had the thing on cassette and was happy to finally get it on disc. The disc sounds more like Metal Church than just the fact Howe is singing because it was produced by none other than Kurdt Vanderhoof. They also had an EP, but it was a different lineup in which Howe was not part of.
It was a very good disc and close to Metal Church in sound and quality. It was Brian Korban (guitar) and Dennis O'Hara (bass) that joined with David Wayne to form "Reverend."

Bryant

Did anyone else pick up this when it came out? I think it's great. RIP David Wayne!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmbUcKJdlw&feature=related[/ame]

Heard MC got PISSED about the album title and rightly so.

Did anyone else pick up this when it came out? I think it's great. RIP David Wayne!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmbUcKJdlw&feature=related

Heard MC got PISSED about the album title and rightly so.

I am one of the few who love Metal Church "Materpiece". I picked up the "Wayne" disc a while back after I got on a Metal Church kick again. I wasnt impressed by it at all. Who knows...maybe upon another listen months from now it will catch my attention but after a few listens when I first got it....nothing really stood out.

I am one of the few who love Metal Church "Materpiece". I picked up the "Wayne" disc a while back after I got on a Metal Church kick again. I wasnt impressed by it at all. Who knows...maybe upon another listen months from now it will catch my attention but after a few listens when I first got it....nothing really stood out.

hey to each their own man. I give you respect for your honest opinion. I wasn't a fan of "Masterpiece" but know many that were. Just like how I LOVED "Hanging In The Balance" where many did not. I also loved the fact that it was on Joan Jetts Blackheart records. Underrated album IMHO!

hey to each their own man. I give you respect for your honest opinion. I wasn't a fan of "Masterpiece" but know many that were. Just like how I LOVED "Hanging In The Balance" where many did not. I also loved the fact that it was on Joan Jetts Blackheart records. Underrated album IMHO!

I thought all of the Howe era stuff was great. "The Final Word" is a great song from the Human Factor release for example. With all of the Howe era (and really throughout their career, but especially Howe era,) Metal Church's lyrics contained quite a bit of a social theme to them. They took stands on several things and whether you agreed with them or not, those songs were really inspired.

Bryant

Gotta say, John Marshall from MC was also really cool when I met him. He was being somewhat ignored backstage when he was filling in for James Hetfield on tour (when James missed his pyro cue), and we talked him up somewhat. Our friend Katie actually dated him for most of the rest of that 'Tallica tour, after meeting him that night. :heh:

Heretic was very cool.. got the vinyl and the CD. If you check the members, I believe you'll see familiar faces in Wayne's band Reverend. I can't dig it out to look right now.

The singer for Witches Mark / Ancient Cross sang with Reverend for a while after Wayne. I think some demos were done but nothing beyond that.