Revolution

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
Hobbes said that the king should rather be treated like shit then have a revolution, which he thought revolutions would lead to anarchy. He was wrong however(with some exceptions such as the Spanish revolution which failed). A revolution has to have something special to have a revolution. It has to have gigantic violent outbreak to have a revolution to exist. Revolutions also are a part of communism, which is obvious from revs like the USSR.

So how do you think a revolution is good or bad for the country? Share you're thoughts about it.

A revolution is the only way to end a form of tyranny. They are essential to human society, violent or unviolent.

Badbird where the fuck did you learn how to write? Jesus man, it's like you got drunk while playing scrabble every time you post.

When I'm not drunk, I can write really good. BTW, there should be a , after my name.

Not necessarily, my feathered friend.

In regards to revolution/reform they are simply tactics on a spectrum and not diametrically opposed concepts. In general I prefer the reform route to revolution, but given the right circumstances I think revolution can be the appropriate approach.

To paraphrase the IWW, the new world must be built within the shell of the old.

The question is did you merely change masters?

Well, it's been almost a month since we forced the ex president to step away. Then the temporary government had a LOT of ministers from the ex ruling parties, more protestations until they quit and we had other ministers (technocrats) and way better ones, let's see what they will do. Also more protestations until they changed the governors who belonged to the ex ruling party too. They did, but some of the new ones also used to belong to that party, so now more protestations, some of the governors are leaving. Dunno if this is what u meant :)

Look at Egypt, fine example in this century. The leader bowed down. Bloodshed? I didn't follow the whole thing.

If we had protests the level of the Egyptian protests (at least as what was reported) in the US, the police/military would shut it down in short order.

Look at Egypt, fine example in this century. The leader bowed down. Bloodshed? I didn't follow the whole thing.

over 700 dead I think......
Same as what happened here but the number of dead people was nowhere near that (around 200 or sth). But ours was more brutal after the dictator escaped the country, a LOT of militia practicing the "burn land" technique...
I'm so happy and so proud fo rbeing a part of this.

If we had protests the level of the Egyptian protests (at least as what was reported) in the US, the police/military would shut it down in short order.

This is what happened here in Tunisia. When people started to protest pacifically in the south, the police went wild as fuck and then few days later, they sent the military, cut off electricity and phone for an entire governorat (or whatever u call it in English) !! then they got overwhelemed with protests all over the south, and center of the country until it englufed the entire nation. They started shooting after ten days or sth, with snipers !
We were on emergency state, school off, and on the 14th an entire strike nationwide, everyone gathered in downtown in front of the Ministery of Interior Affair (neath which there are prisions for torture) and every one was there screaming "dégage" (get out in french) ! it was BRUTAL !!! few hours later the president escaped. It only requires bravery and NO FEAR OF DEATH !!!

I actually expect similar scenarios in most of the countries in the world, including the US, over the next 5-10 years. I am preparing for interruptions in basic public services and utilities in the future.

I am not familiar with Koran prophecy, but the Bible predicts this scenario, and the short/long term outcomes.