REVOLVER ARTICLE

robbieitof

New Metal Member
Dec 20, 2007
can anyone post the revolver article on "The Cleansing"? i keep hearing about it but cant find it. thanks!

For any of you that may have missed the the article on Suicide Silence in Revolver here it is...

SUICIDE SILENCE
WEST COAST RENEGADES SHOWCASE THEIR
VERSATILITY AND PROVE DEATH METAL IS
VERY MUCH A FAMILY AFFAIR

WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Established in Riverside, California, in 2004, these death-metal maestros have finally put out a full-length disc, The Cleansing (Century Media), and it is well worth the wait. At their best (check out "The Disease") Suicide Silence mix Corpsegrinding blast beats with breakdowns to rival Hatebreed's. Says frontman Mitch Lucker, "We tried to make each of the songs completely different, so it doesn't get classified as just another death-metal record. We threw in some straight-up metal, nu-metal, and thrash. We didn't limit our songwriting in any way. If it sounds cool and you can headbang to it,we did it."

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON
Many neophyte metal fans throw their first goat as a form of youthful rebellion against their stodgy, repressive parents. But not Lucker: "It was my dad who got me into this music-he loves metal. He plays guitar, and I'm serious : He can shred! When i was in junior high he gave me tapes from Deftones and Korn. I moved from that stuff right into hardcore, from hardcore into metal, from metal into death metal."

FOR THE SHORTY
In an age where metal bands practically outnumber metal fans, how does a young group like Suicide Silence stand out? Says Lucker, "The problem is, there aren't just a lot of bands right now, there are a lot of good bands. So you have to do whatever you can do to separate yourself from the crowd. I think it lights a fire under your ass to ty that much harder." And if Lucker feels a little extra pressure to make his band soar, maybe it's because he had a baby girl of his own this June. "I want the best for her. As long as she's happy and healthy, that's all i care about." PETER GIANNASCOLI