RG 1527 users

r_young112

aspiring shredder
Dec 2, 2006
milwaukee, WI
how long does it take you to tune yours, and how long does it go out of tune?

i just spent an hour trying to tune mine, gave up, and picked up the old 6 string

the first time i took it in it took the guy an hour to tune it, and he said if i wanted i can have something put in under the bridge, so i cant push the bridge into the body, but it can only come out, so kind of deleting the floating part, but i think it might be worth it so i dont have to spend hours tuning it...plus it goes out of tune slightly at least once every day

how long does it take you to tune yours, and how long does it go out of tune?

i just spent an hour trying to tune mine, gave up, and picked up the old 6 string

the first time i took it in it took the guy an hour to tune it, and he said if i wanted i can have something put in under the bridge, so i cant push the bridge into the body, but it can only come out, so kind of deleting the floating part, but i think it might be worth it so i dont have to spend hours tuning it...plus it goes out of tune slightly at least once every day

Hey
r_young112;5665445,

Your guitar is not set up right for the tunning you are trying to be in. Take it to someone who knows how to set up that trem and watch what they do so you can pick up on it. If it doesn't stay in tune after that then somehow your guitar is messed up. If so I recommend this unit:

Tremol-No™

I think I may get a few for my guitars.

Chris.

Hey
r_young112;5665445,

Your guitar is not set up right for the tunning you are trying to be in. Take it to someone who knows how to set up that trem and watch what they do so you can pick up on it. If it doesn't stay in tune after that then somehow your guitar is messed up. If so I recommend this unit:

Tremol-No™

I think I may get a few for my guitars.

Chris.

Is it in your current touring guitars?

and have you contacted Ibanez about an 8 string yet...you are endorsed eh?

Zak

hm. interesting, yeah i originally took it in a week after i got it and had the guy where i take lessons, whos very trustworthy and knows his stuff, set it up and adjust truss rod and whatnot, string height, the springs and all

and he said it took him an hour to tune it, and its just in standard tuning

i think im gonna go in this week and talk to him about it, and see how much it would cost to have it fixed, otherwise ill probably get that tremolo-no