RHAPSODY cancels tour, replaced by RHAPSODY

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Not sure how I feel about this:
Rhapsody Of Fire Bows Out Of North American Tour, Luca Turilli's Rhapsody To Replace

Rhapsody Of Fire announced that the band has backed out it's first ever North American Tour. However, the tour will proceed as planned with Luca Turilli's Rhapsody filling the void. In a statement released by Rhapsody of Fire keyboardist Alex Staropoli, the band cited Tom Hess' lack of time to prepare along with the overwhelming momentum after Luca Turilli's announcement of Alessandro Conti as new vocalist.

The statement reads: "We simply did not have enough time to prepare properly to give our fans the show they truly deserve. Luca [Turilli] said he would be able to fill in and he is more than a worthy replacement. He is on quite a roll since announcing the new album and vocalist."

Luca Turilli commented: "I jumped right on this momentous opportunity, something we were unable to do before the split. Alessandro is more than ready and we can't wait to unleash this great band upon North America." Turilli added jokingly: "We didn't even have to change the posters! I wonder if anyone will notice the difference?"

Well, I thought the same, but I think the story came out today.
Could be false.
Who knows.
I would indeed find it hard to believe that both parties would be able to work so amicably, but who knows.

I think if anything, this April fools joke shows exactly how great the relationship between the two bands is right now...

Advertising on a metal news site???????????????
Bright_Idea.jpg

I wonder how many people are going to refer to Rhapsody of Fire as simply RHAPSODY and how many people are going to call to Luca Turilli's Rhapsody by LUCA TURILLI'S RHAPSODY OF FIRE.

I honestly can't wait to see everyone confused. :lol:

I just want to see RHAPSODY live. Period.
I am much more interested in seeing Fabio's version, simply because visually it will look more authentic than Luca's.
Also, if I had to pick for most bands, I would pick the version with the familiar vocalist.

Not all replacement vocalists work out ya know..........
miss_k_blood_small.jpg