Rhapsody/Luca Turilli

you're welcome!
i like rhapsody very much.
the lyrics are cheesy as hell, but the music is great.
i must say that "symphony of enchanted lands" is a symphonic masterpiece! one of the best albums ever..
luca turilli is a brilliant componist..so is alex :)

NP: kamelot - a sailorsman hymn

Well ..I couldn't ignore this thread could I .....:lol: As some of you may already know I am a big Rhapsody fan. I have to agree with WW that some of there lyrics can be a bit cringe-worthy but what the hey...it's all just a bit of escapism. Musically I think they rock :headbang: . Favourite album is Legendary Tales...but then again I like them all.

I'm a Rhapsody fan and I hope that soon the visit these green shores.

Also, to be honest I'd sooner listen to Cheesy Lyrics then any of the 'I killed my parents, cause they didn't buy me a space hopper when I was child' lyrics that I have to endure on the wireless at work.

and To DragonMaiden,

The DVD Rhapsody boxset was certainly one of your better finds!

i think dawn of victory is their second best album (after symphony of enchanted lands)..it's better than both power of the dragonflame and legendary tales..
i have listened to "dawn of victory" alot, and i enjoy every single track on the album..:)

NP: rhapsody - village of dwarfs

Here's the review of Luca's "DemonHeart" taken from Brave Words

LUCA TURILLI Demonheart (LMP)

Precursor to Prophet Of The Last Eclipse, this is the second solo outing by the renowned Rhapsody's guitarist. As with the first go-round, an EP surfaces, to whet the appetite, as well as to provide Turilli the opportunity to stretch his repertoire (and line LMP's pockets too). Given his pedigree, Demonheart's guaranteed to be an overblown, symphonic-tinged work of mammoth proportions. One would expect nothing less! The title track opens the six-song sampler, predictably enough, but 'Prophet Of The Last Eclipse' is a most surprising piece, dabbling with heretofore unheard, modern electronic effects. A pair of classical numbers follows, first a short harpsichord etude, 'Aondeua In C Minor' and then 'Black Realm's Majesty', something that would feel at home on any Rhapsody disc. Just to keep the two entities distinct, this song adds a hint of female vocals. Despite the title, 'King Of The Nordic Twilight' begins with Celtic melodies, before adopting more orchestral tones. Actually, this is the title cut reprised from Turilli's solo debut. Kind of strange cross-marketing, given the fact most Rhapsody fanatics probably own it already. The disc closes with a rendition of Helloween's 'I'm Alive'. Not sure how much of this material will also appear on the full-length (doubtful the last two will), so you might want to wait and see.

7.5 Mark Gromen

Hell, the whole damn thing is cheesy as hell, it oozes Camembert from every orifice!!! That's something you should revel in, not quibble about!!!! My only quibble with them is that tracks 4 and 5 on 'Power of the Dragonflame', are shameless rip-offs of Battle Hymns and Wheels of Fire by Manowar. But it's only a small quibble because they're much better than the originals, Manowar could never hope to achieve such grandiosity and brilliance. Don't get me wrong, I love Manowar, but let's face it, they're shite.

HI guys! :hotjump:
i'm a very big Rhapsody/ Luca Turilli fan...!!!
I've got albums the albums, all the ltd ed and all the pictures discs....they are all signed by the band!!
hehe.....all their albums kick ass but my favourit is "Symphony of enchanted lands":headbang:

Cool! I have the Demonheart Ep..Luca don't impress me on this one, but I hope and think that his new album "prophet of the last eclipse" will kick ass..I have ordered it, and hope to get it soon..
I will tell you guys what I think of it when I get the album :)

NP: Dreamtale - Silent Path