RHAPSODY OF FIRE split!!

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
http://rhapsodyoffire.com/

After 15 years of friendship, hard work and big passion, fully invested in the creation of symphonic music and an epic saga that will remain in the history of heavy metal, Alex Staropoli and Luca Turilli decided to proceed to a friendly split.
“10 albums released and the end of the saga represent, musically and lyrically, an important artistic goal finally reached, underlined by the success of our last release “From Chaos To Eternity”, for which we want to thank our wonderful fans once again. Now it came the time when new artistic stimulations need to be found, in respect of both parts’ visions and perspectives and of our longtime friendship” say Luca and Alex. Due to the latest legal agreements actually in force, Alex Staropoli will go on with RHAPSODY OF FIRE having, between the others, Fabio Lione as singer, Tom Hess as guitar player and Alex Holzwarth as drummer. For the same agreements and the original name’s common ownership, Luca Turilli will release his future works with a new RHAPSODY band, including the faithful band members Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth.

Alex says: “While wishing the best to Luca and his new band, I want to tell you that Fabio and myself feel motivated and stronger than ever and that RHAPSODY OF FIRE are already planning a great worldwide tour. More information regarding the new bass player and the new second guitar player will follow. Stay tuned!”

The website www.rhapsodyoffire.com will remain the glorious RHAPSODY OF FIRE website at all effects and www.algalordchronicles.com the official fan club of RHAPSODY OF FIRE only. In the future, if you want to know more about the new band of Luca Turilli, please check his personal website at www.lucaturilli.com

NOOOOOOO

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

There are no words for how upset I am over this. I know the bands are still going on, but a Rhapsody without Luca Turilli?!

:cry:

FUCK. NO. DAMNIT.

:( This is not news I want to believe :cry:

I suppose they felt they've gone everywhere they wanted to with the music and at least it's an amicable split. But as happy as I am that Luca is still making music Rhapsody just won't ever be the same without him. The man is a phenomenal, all-time fave guitarist and heroically talented composer. Rhapsody were one of the first power metal bands I got into back in the day and they've stood alongside me with each release ever since then, always guaranteeing my attention. Sentimental reasons aside though they really are a landmark, genre defining band which went places no one else went both musically and thematically and single-handedly kept that bar held high; it's gutting that even though they may limp on the peak has well since been passed and what made Rhapsody so singular and unique Luca has taken with him. :erk:

I agree with everything said by you three. I don't get it! Why can't they stay in the same band but have their own side projects instead? Rhapsody are among by three biggest musical inspirations, the other two being Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica. This is a punch in the gut to me, I can't believe it :erk: I wonder where Rhapsody is going to go now that the primary lyricist and songwriter is gone. Alex played a huge part in writing the music so I imagine it'll be a Stratovarius situation where the other band members finally take over and contribute, but I'm very curious to see what Rhapsody of Fire's music and lyrical concepts are like - the same goes for Luca's future project.

A very sad day indeed. It seems like all my favorite bands are losing members or splitting up altogether, and there are hardly any bands popping up that are catching my interest... :cry:

It is a real shame and I am personally gutted I'll probably not see this line-up live now. Be interesting to see how Rhapsody of Fire go from here and the same for Turilli's future project(s).

I'm a relatively new fan but this is still sad news for me. Rhapsody (of Fire) = Alex AND Luca! and if you're going to split, why make 'another Rhapsody' band? 'Rhapsody of Water' anyone? didn't think so
I was actually hoping for another Luca Turilli solo album, so I guess I'll get that in some form now, but at the expense of Rhapsody is not the way i would have chosen it to happen...

Very sad news :( They were my number one act at Bloodstock; absolutely stunning.

Speaking of this, I just saw some footage of them, and holy crap were they on fire! I've seen a surprising amount of HD Rhapsody footage since they started touring last fall and they're brilliant live; you don't hear many vocalists nail a performance the way Fabio does!

NO?! I ca't believe I'm reading this. Since their "Rising anew" back in 2010 they've done nothing but surprised me 110%. All their releases has been mind blowing, and was really looking forward to what more they had planned now after the epic saga.

However, I still have great hope for both Rhapsody and...Luca's project(don't really understand what they mean with him working with a new rhapsody band, if anyone could explain, that'd be great!)

Wow, it's so crazily unexpected and with a bit of a weird situation as well... They're such a great band and I thought it was so awesome, Rhapsody having two "OFFICIAL" guitar players. So sad that it couldn't last though. I hope this all goes well.

*facepalm* Oh duh! No wonder Dominique left when Tom joined, they even said to be on the lookout for more activity between Luca and Dom in the near future!

A bizarre situation considering how things just started to look up for them since signing to Nuclear Blast, but I wish both Luca and Alex the best of luck with pastures new. They were certainly my band of the weekend at BOA - strange to think it was to be the final gig with that incarnation of Rhapsody...

Glad I saw them at Bloodstock!

I haven't listened to anything after Power of the Dragonflame though, so it doesn't bother me that much. Sucky for the people who never got to see them live, though.

www.rhapsodyoffire.com

Film score metal band Rhapsody Of Fire announces new bass player.

Thursday, 01 September 2011 14:40

Trieste, Italy September 1, 2011 - The band Rhapsody Of Fire is proud to announce the name of a new band member who will join forces with Fabio Lione, Alex Staropoli, Tom Hess and Alex Holzwarth. German bass player Oliver Holzwarth (brother of Rhapsody Of Fire drummer Alex Holzwarth) has joined the band as an official and permanent member of Rhapsody Of Fire, and will be involved in both live performances and studio recordings.

Oliver is an excellent bass player who has toured with Blind Guardian, Tarja Turunen and Sieges Even and has recorded several studio albums with Blind Guardian.

Alex Staropoli says: "It's a true privilege and honor to have the two Holzwarth brothers playing together in Rhapsody Of Fire. I am sure it will be fantastic to have the best rhythmic section on this planet, a unique and true force of nature, on our side. I am really looking forward to hearing them shaking the stages around the world on our upcoming world tour."

Woo! Alex and Oliver in the same band! I saw Oliver perform with Blind Guardian last year - nice to see that he's finally a permanent bass member of a band, since Hansi refuses to let him be anything but a session player in Blind Guardian :lol:

This will be intresting, don't really have an opinion about Oliver, but I'm sure he'll do great in Rhapsody!