Rhapsody of Fire new album "Dark Wings of Steel"

Those are pretty much the only thing I know about him - extremely overpriced too! But he never seemed to fit into the band really. Glad they're moving forward and releasing this album soon. Think they'll get another guitarist or settle with the one?

I think they're gonna stick with Roberto on guitars and just layer them like they do Stratovarius etc. Would be interesting if they got a second guitarist for live shows though, since it would keep the sound full!

This and the new LTR album info that just came out have made me drool with childlike anticipation. Track is sexy. Track is good.

The song feels a bit simple for Rhapsody perhaps, but still I'm really looking forward to this. 22 November isn't that far away now(same day as the new Zelda game comes out - will be a fun weekend:D!).

Oh man I forgot about that. That's going to be a GREAT day!!

I'm so disappointed :(

Each song seems blander and more lifelessly monotonously repetitively generic.

And as a fan of Rhapsody since their first album...that hurts to say. I guess I was just a fan of Luca all along. Although I still love Fabio's it's not enough to carry this mild album.

I'm so disappointed :(

Each song seems blander and more lifelessly monotonously repetitively generic.

And as a fan of Rhapsody since their first album...that hurts to say. I guess I was just a fan of Luca all along. Although I still love Fabio's it's not enough to carry this mild album.

I was afraid of that:( I, too, did feel that "Silver Lake of Tears" was a bit simple/empty for Rhapsody. Will see how I feel when I hear the rest of the album. But for some reason none of the swedish sites seem to be selling it and I haven't been able to pre-order it. Unless I can find it locally once it's released I'll have to order it somewhere else online. Don't like the shipping prices, though.

I don't get the disappointment, honestly! Both songs, especially Silver Lake of Tears, remind me very much of Dawn of Victory, but a 2014 updated version. Could be a little more exciting I admit but even Rhapsody's so-so albums are miles ahead of most other bands', imo - like Triumph or Agony, but I'm in the minority there. I'm really stoked for this!

I gotta agree with mister 1928 here. The songs are just beautiful and very catchy. Takes me back to the more classic Rhapsody albums as well

What are the overall opinions of this album? Do the fans of Rhapsody like it? It's 2 against 1 on this forum. I haven't checked it out yet because it's for some reason really hard to find it in Sweden. Really looking forward to it though!

I've read a lot of opinions on it and to me I get the feeling that it's the new Triumph or Agony - a very divisive album, not too many standout tracks, and a transitional one, in that the next album should be a home run. I know a lot of people think the album is much more bland and hate how front in the mix the keyboards are and how quiet the guitars are. Definitely hearing more criticism than praise.

Very interesting! I wonder what someone unfimiliar to the old music would think of it. I always liked how the keyboards blend with the guitar in Rhapsody's music, but having more keyboard doesn't sound like a bad idea at all to me. Most of the music I listen to today have too little keyboards if you ask me, not sure if it's beacause I haven't found that kind of music or because it's rare with more keyboards in power metal.

Still this is looking promising. Now I'll stop talking like I actually know something until I've actually heard the album:) Glad you like it though!

Some moments on the songs on the album tend to be boring, for example they start going heavy and then becoming much more soft and quiet, which seems to be a traditional thing in Rhapsody's albums. But I still liked it because it makes things more diverse, not just pure heaviness :)