Rhapsody of Fire new album "Dark Wings of Steel"

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
RHAPSODY OF FIRE announce new studio album “Dark Wings Of Steel”

RHAPSODY OF FIRE and AFM Records are proud to announce that the new and long awaited studio album will be entitled “Dark Wings Of Steel” and it will be released in Europe on November 22nd (Europe), December 3rd (USA).
All recordings, mix and mastering are finally completed. “Dark Wings Of Steel” was produced by Alex Staropoli, all songs composed by Alex Staropoli and Manuel Staropoli, with the collaboration of Roby De Micheli.
All lyrics were written by Fabio Lione, and beside the rhythm section with Alex and Oliver Holzwarth, it will also
feature a full orchestra, a great choir, and real instruments as in the best RHAPSODY OF FIRE tradition.
“Dark Wings Of Steel” will be released as CD, Digipak and double-Vinyl. Digipak and Vinyl are about to include a
bonus track.

bf1e78.jpg

Wow, this is simply awesome! Although.....without Luca Turilli this might not be the same as it was in the previous albums. However, I love the singer Fabio and Im sure this album wont disappoint me at all.

I am very much looking forward to this, and I'm glad it's not too long until it's released. It's going to be interesting, since Luca was a so big part of Rhapsody of Fire. That being said, even if it's different I'm sure I won't be disappointed at all, will be a digipak purchase for me:).

I can't say I care much for the name though, sounds quite boaring and doesn't really tell anything about the album. Sounds like something Hammerfall would call their album.

It's the most cliched power metal title this side of Manowar. What does Dark Wings of Steel even mean? A black aeroplane?

Will be interesting to hear the new stuff though!

The title is cliche but standard Rhapsody fare so I won't knock it too much. I'm VERY VERY VERY interested in this release because 1) Alex (and his brother) have done all the composing, and 2) Fabio has written all the lyrics. Before, Fabio wrote next to *nothing* and now that Alex has 100% control of the music it should be an exciting album to listen to. Normally I'd be wary of seeing one or two guys writing all the music, but Alex wrote about half of all the previous Rhapsody material (including lyrics) so I have a lot of faith in him. Excellent keyboardist and composer.

I wonder what this album's lyrical themes will be, too.

The title is cliche but standard Rhapsody fare so I won't knock it too much. I'm VERY VERY VERY interested in this release because 1) Alex (and his brother) have done all the composing, and 2) Fabio has written all the lyrics. Before, Fabio wrote next to *nothing* and now that Alex has 100% control of the music it should be an exciting album to listen to. Normally I'd be wary of seeing one or two guys writing all the music, but Alex wrote about half of all the previous Rhapsody material (including lyrics) so I have a lot of faith in him. Excellent keyboardist and composer.

I wonder what this album's lyrical themes will be, too.
Actually, if its Alex and his brother that has done the composing, it would be 50% for Alex and 50% for his brother, not merely Alex like you stated.

A black aeroplane? Haha, I hope not.

Yes an album written by Alex and his brother will be very interesting to hear. My guess this will be a bit more hardrock oriented, seing as Alex said hi wanted to write a hardrock album with his brother. Still I may be very wrong, but I do believe this will sound quite different from the other Rhapsody albums. We can only wait and see.

As for Fabio writing the lyrics, as you said, he hasn't done much of that before in their music. Did he write it for any of his other music? Haha maybe we get a Rhapsody/J. storm crossover;). But yes, the lyrical theme could be anything, really.

Seems like for lyrical themes and titles, we're getting more of the usual Rhapsody fare. But since the Algalord saga is finally finished, I wonder if these songs will have any connection to one another. By the way, check out that badass artwork.

01. Vis Divina
02. Rising From Tragic Flames
03. Angel Of Light
04. Tears Of Pain
05. Fly To Crystal Skies
06. My Sacrifice
07. Silver Lake Of Tears
08. Custode Di Pace
09. A Tale Of Magic
10. Dark Wings Of Steel
11. Sad Mystic Moon

Bonus track on Digipak & Vinyl:
12. A Candle To Light (extended version)

600637_10151717671839302_1186609689_n.jpg

Even though I have a complete faith in Fabio and the Staropoli Brothers, I feel a little worried. The concept with the saga was really, really cool and I like it a lot. But now that the saga is over and with Luca leaving the band I was very interested in which direction they were taking with the band. I fear a little that they might be creating an album in which the songs are about swords and dragons, but without any real meaning, as for example adding to the saga. I know not everyone take their lyrics serious, but I did. Perhaps not in terms of every song having a message to share, but they all seemed to add something or deliver some kind om emotion. But as I said, I believe Alex and Fabio know what they're doing.

Cool artwork nonetheless, can't wait to see it all.

I've been thinking about the same thing, Gibbon. I'm an extremely big fan so I'm withholding judgment until I hear it, but I am a little curious... And yes, this is awesome art!

Just from the cover art and album title I can already tell that this might be just like the previous albums, just without Luca Turilli and without a saga. This is merely an assumption, though. Like 1928 said......I must hear it before I know exactly what it would be.

I've been thinking about the same thing, Gibbon. I'm an extremely big fan so I'm withholding judgment until I hear it, but I am a little curious... And yes, this is awesome art!

Yes I'm hoping for the best, just a bit worried. But it may very well be their album yet!

Being the nerd I am, I want track lengths to speculate over. Thank god the release is so soon! With so many other bands like Dream Theater you have to wait like six months! :lol:

Excited as always for new Rhapsody. Could that be a more power metal album title? Haha :lol: This will be especially interesting since my hero Luca has left and also since Ascending to Infinity was so exceptional - hell of an act to follow!

Pretty much no doubt that this will be another fantasy and power metal based album, probably with the same symphonic elements as well......but I can tell that this would be a very special album. Its a new chapter in their career basically.

I've been living under a rock it seems. Since I don't have Facebook and haven't been that caught up in the metal world this year I have totally missed that Hess parted ways with Rhapsody! Does anyone know why?

Hess was essentially given the boot by Alex and the other guys after realizing there were big musical and personal differences. Personally, I think it's because they realized what a douche Hess can be, but maybe we'll never know ;)

Someone on Facebook pointed out that he's been spreading ads across the country for his guitar lessons... going so far as to advertise in the amazing hub of metal, Charlotte, North Carolina! :lol: