Richard Christy leaved Iced Earth for Howard Stern show...

Child of the Night

The Dark One
Jan 20, 2004
PA, United States
Tour Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Jon Schaffer on Monday, May 17, 2004 at 7:54AM :

Greetings!

Again I must apologize for the delay in updating you all on the current events of I.E., it’s seems there’s never enough hours in the day.

The tour has been an astounding success thus far with most of the shows being sold out; many in record time for Iced Earth. The legion of our passionate and incredibly loyal fans is growing as always and we are extremely grateful.

The most significant bit of news to report is that Richard Christy will no longer be with the band after the LA show. He has decided to pursue his comedy career by being a permanent fixture on the Howard Stern show. Though Richard’s timing on informing the band of this was somewhat less than professional, as he informed us of his intentions in the middle of the tour instead of before it started, we do wish him well and all the best for his future. He feels he will be better suited for the comedy world than the music world based on some recent experiences, and he’s probably right, Richard is a very funny and unique guy.

Replacing Richard will be Bobby Jarzombek of “Halford” and “Riot” notoriety. Bobby is an excellent drummer and we will be rehearsing in Los Angeles before we start the extension of the U.S. dates.

wtf? richard christy, one of the most amazing drummers i've ever heard/seen in my life has quit music to do comedy radio. wow.

>> agreed. WTF? he did my fave drums ever (on sound of perseverance)... :/

...he should form a new band with matthew barlow imo

jon said:
Though Richard’s timing on informing the band of this was somewhat less than professional, as he informed us of his intentions in the middle of the tour instead of before it started, ...
he just cant resist saying something negative about someone quitting his band, even when it seems like he's being nice. does it really matter when he told the band? its not like he said, "im not going on stage tonight becuase i have to be on the radio in the morning." i mean shit. maybe he didnt find out for sure that he got the job untill then. either way, i think its unnecicary to pass that along to the fans.
-neal

why does Jarzombek waste his time playing in bands like IE and Riot?
Bobby is a far better drummer than that, just listen to his work with Spastic Ink.
Even in Halford he must have been sleep walking through the set.

On the other hand, why leave for the Stern show now with Howard's future so uncertain? He may quit or be thrown off the air any day.

seems odd to me.

why does Jarzombek waste his time playing in bands like IE and Riot?
...bah why do you all make silly questions when you know the obvious answer
the answer = $$$$$$$$$$
that goes for Christy and IE too.
also Riot rule and Jarzombek's playing there is not dull at all (and quite technical sometimes)

Child of the Night said:
Well why the fuck didn't you tell Schaffer, 'cause you seem to have found out before him!

...Liars....
it was on blabbermouth a month ago you fucking moron
...and mabye schaffer doesn't go run to his site and type something up 2 minutes after he finds out.......jerkoff