Richard Christy leaves Iced Earth for Howard Stern show...

Child of the Night

The Dark One
Jan 20, 2004
PA, United States
Tour Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Jon Schaffer on Monday, May 17, 2004 at 7:54AM :

Greetings!

Again I must apologize for the delay in updating you all on the current events of I.E., it’s seems there’s never enough hours in the day.

The tour has been an astounding success thus far with most of the shows being sold out; many in record time for Iced Earth. The legion of our passionate and incredibly loyal fans is growing as always and we are extremely grateful.

The most significant bit of news to report is that Richard Christy will no longer be with the band after the LA show. He has decided to pursue his comedy career by being a permanent fixture on the Howard Stern show. Though Richard’s timing on informing the band of this was somewhat less than professional, as he informed us of his intentions in the middle of the tour instead of before it started, we do wish him well and all the best for his future. He feels he will be better suited for the comedy world than the music world based on some recent experiences, and he’s probably right, Richard is a very funny and unique guy.

Replacing Richard will be Bobby Jarzombek of “Halford” and “Riot” notoriety. Bobby is an excellent drummer and we will be rehearsing in Los Angeles before we start the extension of the U.S. dates.

Holy crap! That sux ass! He's one of the most tallented drummers in the metal world! Iced Earth is kind of a waste of his tallent...and Howard Stern will REALLY be a waste of his tallent!! Bummer:erk:

Bobby Jarzombek in Iced earth......what a waste :erk: I have too much respect for Bobby.......I guess i was dreaming of a Spastic Ink Tour where Bobby Jarzombek can show the world that he is one of the best drummer in the world...such amazing work.

For those who don't know the band Spastic ink......well they should if they want to hear talented people at work. Just TOO fucking amazing!!!!!!!:hotjump: