Rick Laird

CliffEmAll

Mar 16, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.metalprovider.com
I was just sitting here typing and jamming some Mahavishnu Orchestra
and was wondering why no one ever mentions the incredible skill of Mr. Rick Laird on this site.
If you've never heard M.O., I command you to go to CDnow.com and purchase their entire catalog...... NOW!!!!!!

NP: Mahavishnu Orchestra- The Inner Mounting Flame :cool:

Yeah, Mahavishnu rules! They are among my all-time faves, even if I am mostly into the hard stuff - I think they were ahead of their time since they pissed off a lot of people at their livegigs...it was too heavy for the general Jazz-crowd and to complex for the rockers...anyway, their bassist is rather bleak beside John MacLaughlin but who wouldn't be? Also the hell of a drummer...

surrealist said:
I've only heard one of the Mahavishnu Orchestra's songs,
called 'Meeting Of The Spirits'.

what other songs do you recomend of Mahavishnu?

Check out the whole "Bird Of Fire" album - should be available for cheap money anywhere, even in my fucked up little German record store...

"Birds of Fire" and "The Inner Mounting Flame" are both incredible, but if you can find "The Lost Trident Studio Sessions", buy it immediately.
It's a complete album thats only been availible in bootleg form until now.
It's considered by many to be the "Holy Grail" of Jazz-Fusion releases.

NP: NAPALM DEATH- Harmony Corruption

CliffEmAll said:
"Birds of Fire" and "The Inner Mounting Flame" are both incredible, but if you can find "The Lost Trident Studio Sessions", buy it immediately.
It's a complete album thats only been availible in bootleg form until now.
It's considered by many to be the "Holy Grail" of Jazz-Fusion releases.

Know about that, but haven't heard it yet - thanx for the advice, man...

So you're from Charlotte - had a girlfriend once that spent a semestre at Warren Wilson College - must be in your area...

NP: The God Machine - Scenes from the second storey