Ridiculous ASIO overload

Kryaxysa

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2011
Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, I wasn't really sure.

Hey guys, I just switched from the presonus audiobox to the focusrite saffire 6 and I'm having some problems. Before, my asio never went into the red and i had minimal pops and clicks. Now, with the focusrite I can play full projects fine, but when I go to solo a track my asio usage goes into the red and it's not even really audible.

I'm using cubase 5 and when I enable delay constrain compensation, my asio usage goes down and everything plays back fine. So I went through and took off all of the plugins in my chain that delay constrain compensation disabled to see if it would work, and my asio usage is still in the red. It seems to only work when delay constrain compensation is on. Everything worked perfectly fine with the presonus interface, and so I'm not really sure what it is. If it helps, here's some computer specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
i3 intel 3.1ghz dual core
6gb DDR3 RAM
I've got the buffer size set to 512 and 44.1khz sample rate. I'm also using the focusrite asio driver.

Any help is appreciated, this is keeping me from doing any kind of recording or mixing.

Did you completely uninstall the previous driver before installing the new one ? Also you will find not all interfaces play well with all pc/daw's. Cubase comes with its own ASIO driver, you can always try it too. First of all I would make sure you tweak windows so that "background services" have priority. Do a google search for "Tweaking Windows for DAW use" and tweak it. Also disable any NIC cards especially wireless cards. They can cause many problems with DAW Rigs and its easy enough to disable and enable them in windows in case you need online. Another culprit is any virus software and firewalls. These are also easy to enable/disable when needed. Cubase's web site has a great section on twealing a pc also.

Did you completely uninstall the previous driver before installing the new one ? Also you will find not all interfaces play well with all pc/daw's. Cubase comes with its own ASIO driver, you can always try it too. First of all I would make sure you tweak windows so that "background services" have priority. Do a google search for "Tweaking Windows for DAW use" and tweak it. Also disable any NIC cards especially wireless cards. They can cause many problems with DAW Rigs and its easy enough to disable and enable them in windows in case you need online. Another culprit is any virus software and firewalls. These are also easy to enable/disable when needed. Cubase's web site has a great section on twealing a pc also.

I did not uninstall the previous driver, so i'll definitely try that. I already changed it so background services have priority, but I never thought to disable my wireless card. I'll check out Cubase's site and see if that helps, i'll let you know. thanks.

Well, I went through and followed the black viper windows 7 services guide and turned off as many services as I could, and followed focusrite's guide to optimizing my computer for audio, and still no luck. However, I have found that it works fine if I use my sound card on my computer for audio playback. This works for now, however it's a drawback and I can't use any of the multiple outputs on my interface. Any other advice?