RIGGED : Karl Sanders (Nile) gear (guitars, amps, home studio)

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
RIGGED : Karl Sanders (Nile) gear (guitars, amps, home studio) :

awesome read, check it out :

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/07/rigged-niles-karl-sanders/

Something very interesting i didn't think of before :

(not the exact quote but me kinda reformulating the idea) :

(speaking about his Dean guitars loaded with passive Seymour Duncan pickups) :

"bypassed tone and gain pickup knobs, and/or going straight from pickup to jack input make for a purer and hotter tone"

(specific thread i created for that "trick" : http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...olume-tone-knobs-hotter-less-cloudy-tone.html)

Anyone ?

EDIT : LMAO at this also, huge signature potential here :

30-PRACTICE-RIG-500x332.jpg

30. My practice area downstairs: For when the family is asleep and I shouldn’t crank the Splawn/Marshall upstairs but still need to get those late night guitar hours in. Marshall Class 5 combo, Dean Black Gold ML, Black Star pedal (for when I occasionally need a bit of gain), metronome, Sebek Statue and Sarcophagus.

- Karl Sanders / Nile

EDIT 2 : this one i've heard before and makes sense but i'd like to hear your input on how much it impacts the tone :

"no icky finish to cloud up the tone whatsoever. This guitar has merely the lightest of oil sparingly applied instead of the mountains of glossy polyurethane or laquer finishes usually applied to guitars. This lets the natural tone of the guitar resonate freely without the inhibition of layers of finish"

Damn he's got some REALLY fucking nice guitars. And a better than average home studio too...

Wow he has some nice guitars!!

EDIT 2 : this one i've heard before and makes sense but i'd like to hear your input on how much it impacts the tone :

"no icky finish to cloud up the tone whatsoever. This guitar has merely the lightest of oil sparingly applied instead of the mountains of glossy polyurethane or laquer finishes usually applied to guitars. This lets the natural tone of the guitar resonate freely without the inhibition of layers of finish"

Talked to a very famous luther the other week about this and he said it has a small impact. Compared to the type of bridge and nut used it has a minor impact on the tone in the end when an electric guitar gets so colored through a signal chain. Its meant to have a much bigger impact on acoustic instruments.

I sanded off a gloss finish on several guitars of mine and painted them with spray cans. It did indeed sound better sitting behind the guitar and playing it, but I'm not sure about what makes it out of the amp.